Predestined 122: Off the Chest

"We met Liu Minzhe at the mall today

"We met Liu Minzhe at the mall today..." Dayu said.

"What?" Dayu's grandmother's head shot up, looking at Dayu and then Qing, in alarm, "what did he want?" She had heard that the Liu had returned from their holiday a few days ago. And to be honest she was worried. She and Dayu's mother had just been talking about this last night after the kids went to bed.

They hadn't told Dayu and Qing about it, because they didn't want them to worry.

"What are you guys talking about?" Dayu's mother came out from the kitchen bringing in a tray of juices, knowing that they're discussing something important, because her mother in law looked tense.

"They met Liu Minzhe at the mall, today.." Dayu's grandmother said, "he probably knew they're coming there and waited for them..."

"What!!?" Luckily Dayu's mother had set the tray on the table, or she might have dropped the drinks in shock, "Dayu..? Qing..? What happened?"

Up to the time that Liu Hong brought his family to the holiday,  both his wife and son were still trying to mend the broken relationship between Dayu and Liu Minzhe.

Both mother and son tried everything they could to create difficulties , for Dayu's family in preparing for Dayu's wedding. And even as they're doing it; both mother and son still turned a blind eye, not accepting the marriage and always came out of nowhere talking about how Dayu should be with Liu Minzhe. It was really annoying and exasperating.

"He didn't do anything.. Don't worry..!" Dayu assured; looking at the alarmed and worried expression on his mother and grandmother's face.

Both women were not really convinced with Dayu's assurance, so they looked at Qing, giving Qing an enquiring look.

"Yes..That guy, he did follow us.." Qing said, "but, in the end when we confronted him, he finally told us that he's giving up. He's letting Dayu go.." Qing smiled.

"Really?" Both Dayu's mother and grandmother inhaled deeply, in relief though they're still wary, "he said so himself? That Liu Minzhe told you that he'd give up?" Dayu's mother looked at Dayu.