Predestined 144: Luckiest People

"I would have to think of another way to give back to my students

"I would have to think of another way to give back to my students.." Dayu mumbled, thinking about the days that he had not been able to come for work this month. Even though it's not something he had planned and even though it was something he couldn't possibly have skipped; Dayu still had a guilty conscience over it.

"Hmm.." Qing had learnt long ago that Dayu is one of those inspiring teacher, who really really loved teaching. It's not just a job for him, it's his passion; his calling. If there's one thing that Qing knew could very well rivalled Dayu's commitment to him, was Dayu's passion for teaching. Well; like his sister and cousin always scolded him; it's a little pathetic for him to be jealous of Dayu's work and be his number one in everything; but he just couldn't help it.

But, despite being jealous of Dayu's work, this is also one of the things that Qing could tolerate even if she could not win over it every time. Even Qing knew just how talented and how good of a teacher his husband is. He had been to one of his classes remember? He knew; it's a calling for Dayu. There are those in the profession because they didn't have a choice ; for Dayu, it's fate. Teaching for him is like second nature.

"So..What's your plan..?" Qing asked.

"I think I'm going to request for the university to give me extra lecture time...on Saturdays and Sundays..Or maybe at night..." Dayu had thought about it, and those are the only solutions that he could think of, "I would hate it if my students started feeling that I'm neglecting them or something..."

"You're not neglecting them..You're really unwell to attend your lectures..." Qing reminded Dayu, about it.

"I know..But they don't..."

Qing took a deep breath and then sighed, "I don't mind you giving these extra classes..." but, it's going to cut into their routine. Saturdays and Sundays and nights are their together times.

Before this; even though Qing had work related activities which required Qing to spend overnight away from home; he arranged for them to be done on Saturdays and Sundays; and he'd make sure that he'd take Dayu with him. As the bigger share holder of their company, Qing arranged his timetable according to Dayu's free time. Hence activities like fan meetings, and album launching and photoshoots outside of Beijing, all took  place on weekends or during school break holidays.

"But...I have to come with you.."

Dayu gasped, looking at Qing sharply, from his position on Qing's lap.

Qing raised his eyebrows at Dayu, "why are you looking so surprised?" He asked teasingly, "It's supposed to be out time together, right? What do you propose I should do then? Sleep all day, while you go for your lectures?"

Dayu blinked. Qing had a point there. And it's not as if would shock anybody that much anymore. After more than a year; Dayu was sure that most people in China already knew about him and Qing. Nobody would be too shocked anymore seeing him and Qing together. They are married, after all.