Predestined 128 : Couch

"What

"What..?" Qing blinked, "We are banned from visiting and even looking at the wedding venue?"

Qing was laying on Dayu's lap on the couch in the living room, then talking about their coming wedding.

Dayu nodded, "uhum..They said, let it be a surprise .." Dayu said. Qing immediately had a very bad feeling about it. He had been having a bad feeling ever since the Wang women came and spent one whole day, cooped up in the guest bedroom.

And now, when he and Dayu asked to see the pictures of their wedding venue; even that was  denied; saying that it was a surprise?

Something is wrong. The Wang women had been planning something and they're asking the Feng women to cooperate with it. And whenever his side of the family (the women especially) are planning something especially when it got something to do with him and Dayu, he's sure that whatever they're planning, he wouldn't like it.

They meant well; Qing knew that. Most of the things they did, they did out of their obsession to bring the 'best' reactions from him. And the 'best' reactions doesn't always mean that it's good for him. When it comes to Dayu, his side of the family loved to see him looking and acting flustered. That's why despite them wanting the best for him, it always came with a price. A heavy price on his part.

And surely; this time is no different. He would pay a very expensive price for this surprise. He could feel it.

"I really don't like this..." Qing mumbled, "what had they been planning?"

Dayu smiled as he saw Qing's reaction. He knew that Qing had good reason to be nervous about though. His family especially the women really loved to tease them. No wonder Qing could be this flustered about this.

"You don't want to know what they're planning?" Qing asked, seeing Dayu smiling at him. And he looked exceptionally calm.

"No.." Dayu shrugged, "if we know about it, then it wouldn't be surprise anymore right?"

Qing frowned, "really..? You really don't want to know what the surprise is?" He asked, in disbelief, surely Dayu wanted to know too.

It's really making Qing's heart itchy to know. His family had been up to no good since they came. First; they came and laid out that ridiculous plan for a 'traditional' wedding where he and Dayu have to stay apart a week before the wedding. A plan which he initially denied and then altered into just one day. Second, the women from his side of the family came, banned him and Dayu form entering in the guest room and they stayed there for almost one day. And now, this; he and Dayu were once again banned. This time, they were banned from visiting or even taking a look at the pictures of their wedding venue. Qing just can't not curb his nervousness and his apprehension about it.