Predestined 53: Hook, Line and Sinker

"Dayu!?"

"Dayu!?"

"Mrs Wang!!!"

Qing smirked, "love, meet grandma. Grandma, meet love- I mean..Dayu.." Qing was deliberately teasing both his grandmother and Dayu.

His grandmother was really lost for words before she hugged Dayu tightly, and excitedly squealed, "is this really you!!!??? Dayu ah..??"

Dayu too, had been lost for words, and was still lost for words when Mrs Wang began jumping up and down with him, in her arms.

Dayu looked at Qing, questioningly, Qing didn't look surprised. No. He didn't look surprised at all, that his grandmother knew me. Dayu was thinking.

"Oh, my God!!!" She let Dayu go for a second turned to Qing and punched her grandson on his chest, "Wang Qing! You brat!" Then she was back at hugging Dayu.

Qing rubbed at his chest, wou! His grandma might be old but her punch was still strong! He thought. As he smiled, letting his grandmother have her merry dance with Dayu to her heart content. In front of the main front door.

Well. One down. Four to go! Qing thought, and just as he was about to ask his grandmother to let Dayu go so that they could meet the other family members, he saw his sister walking out.

"You're taking too long-?" And she froze, seeing their grandmother hugging a man and swinging him  around merrily.

She blinked. Taking the whole scene in front of her, then she looked at Qing.

"Don't ask me.." he pretended not to know anything, "I've only just introduced them...!" though he obviously knew something more! Both Jiyi and Dayu had the same thought at the same time, hearing Qing's tone and looking at Qing's expression. 

Then Qing's grandmother finally got her excitement under control, and she drew back, but still keeping her hands on Dayu's arms; looking at Dayu's still surprised face, happily.

Dayu and his two friends were  regular costumers now at the restaurant. And whenever they came, she would have so much fun, having a conversation after a conversation with them. Especially Dayu, who seemed to have such a knack making a seventy year old woman like her feel so much at ease.