Predestined 56: Blew Your Mind

"Why haven't you told auntie about Feng JianYu?"

Wang Yu blinked, as he faced his aunt, Qing's mother, face to face. But he wasn't that shocked hearing the question from his aunt.

She called him last night, and demanded to meet him the very next day. She sounded so urgent that Wang Yu knew, she would not take 'NO' for an answer.

Wang Yu somehow had a hunch about what was on his aunt's mind when she asked for the meeting with him, and knew that though the subject might be hurtful and awkward, there's way around it. No way at all.

And so Wang Yu took the whole night to prepare himself and the answers he should give to his aunt; because he knew, she would be asking a lot of questions.

They met at the local cafe in town instead of their usual place of meeting at Grandmother Dailan's place. And his aunt was there first.

Wang Yu thought that he had come early, yet his aunt was way earlier than him; which goes to show just how important today's meeting was for his aunt.

And as soon as Wang Yu sat down, his aunt bombarded him with the question, about why he hadn't told her about Dayu sooner.

"It was not my place to tell you about him, auntie.." Wang Yu answered in a small voice, "Qing should be the one who was supposed to tell you guys about him..."

"Well. He had told us. He'd told the whole family." His aunt said matter of factly, "he told us that he's in love with a man." And this time, Wang Yu was shocked by what he had just heard.

He hadn't expected Qing to actually told his family about him and Dayu,  already. He thought his aunt just got wind of the news from somewhere else and was now wanting to confirm the news with him. But, apparently his aunt knew about Dayu from Qing himself.

Wang Yu looked intently at his aunt, wanting to see what his aunt could possibly be thinking about. She told him that Qing had told the whole family about him being with a another man. And that's not something that you would expect to hear from your son. Especially, from someone who's always been into women all these while. And Wang Yu was expecting the bewildered and disbelieving look on his aunt's face; the same look he got from his parents eight years ago when he first came out about his sexuality.

But why does his aunt looked as if she didn't mind at all. There's not a hint of disbelief on her face. In fact, the only thing that could be seen on her face right now was excitement.

"Auntie..." Wang Yu began, "you don't look shocked...?" Actually wang Yu had been expecting more than shock though.

He was ready to defend Qing and Dayu in front of his aunt; because he thought she would definitely object to Qing and Dayu being together.

"Shocked? I am..I was shocked because apparently I was the only one, left out from meeting and knowing Dayu sooner.." She said, still feeling bitterly left out, "they all flaunted the fact that they had met Dayu sooner..!"