Predestined 156 : Over the Moon

All five people around the table, froze for a full two minutes, looking at Qing who just told them 'something', unblinkingly

Qing and Dayu held hands under the table tightly, as they waited for the information to sink in and get processed properly.

Then slowly, everybody inhaled deeply, as they looked away from Qing slowly to settle their eyes on Dayu.

"Dayu is ....?" It was Qing's sister who managed to speak first, "pregnant?!?" She asked, looking back at Qing, wanting to see Qing's reaction. 

"Yes..." Qing answered, his face breaking off with a happy and proud grin.

"Oh my God!" And then Qing's mother and grandmother stood up from their respective chairs and almost ran to Dayu's side.

Both women took Dayu's face in their palms before they hugged Dayu in turns. Repeatedly. Then Jiyi joined in the fun; settling herself in between both women and hugged Dayu herself.

"Qing..!?" Qing saw the look of wonder on both his father and his grandfather's eyes, as they asked him for confirmation.

"Yeah..It's true..Would I still be alive; after I made those women this happy if I was only joking? These hyenas would tear me to pieces..." Qing mumbled as he glanced at the Wang women who were drowning Dayu with their hugs and kisses. Qing grimaced; he's still stingy when it comes to sharing Dayu even with his family but at least with them; he's willing to endure his possessiveness.

All three women were crying by the time they stopped hugging Dayu. But they still can't stop touching Dayu's face and kissing Dayu's cheeks; and Qing had had enough.

"Geez..You guys...that's enough...you guys are smothering Dayu..." Qing finally pulled Dayu away from the women, and put his own arms around Dayu.

"Dayu needs to be calm..You guys aren't helping!" Before they could protest or complain however, Qing had already spoken. His voice and his expression was so serious; Qing's not tolerating their antics.

Actually Qing's really concerned over Dayu's health, too;  Dayu had a breakdown before they came for dinner tonight, and Qing didn't want that incident to repeat itself. After all, this is why Dayu had his breakdown earlier. His family's expectations. It weighed a lot on Dayu's mind.

Qing knew that his family meant well and that they never meant to burden Dayu with their expectations but, he can also relate to what Dayu was thinking. He understood too well, just how much Dayu wanted his family to be happy and he's terrified if he ever let them down.

Upon hearing Qing's words and seeing Qing's expression, the Wang women knew that it's time to back down. Qing's right. Dayu shouldn't be put under too much stress or excitement in his condition. They looked torn but they still walked back to their seats.

"Qing.." Dayu tried to protest to Qing, wanting to tell his husband that he's alright, but Qing gave Dayu a stern look and kept Dayu within his protective arms. Dayu sighed and complied.