Predestined 183: Guilt and Regret

"Qing

"Qing..?"

When Dayu opened the door for Qing that evening, Qing immediately grabbed Dayu and enveloped him in his arms, without saying anything. 

Dayu fleetingly saw Qing's haggard and tired expression, and his heart twisted painfully. Something must have happened. Qing's been going out for the investigation, for two days; and when he came back yesterday, he told Dayu that they still haven't found anything. He interrogated the lab and medical staffs who had access to the files, and so far; everybody seemed clean.

Qing told him, that he'd continue with the interrogation for as long as he had to. And yesterday, though he looked tired, he was actually fired up more than ever to find the culprit who leaked Dayu's pregnancy online.

But, it's different today. Dayu could sense that something had happened.

"Qing..What's wrong..?" Dayu patted Qing's back, and Qing squeezed Dayu's body more.

"We found the person responsible.." Qing said, tiredly. He's still feeling in turmoil, after finding out that the culprit was someone from his past. He hated himself.

"Really..?" Dayu gasped in relief, but then, he frowned, because the sound of Qing's voice and his body language was not good. This should have been something that they should be glad for; they had gotten the person responsible. Why was Qing like this? Like he's unhappy. Something's really wrong.

Dayu's getting more and more alarmed, "Qing...Let's sit down first...?" Dayu brushed his fingers into Qing's hair and pushed the door behind Qing, to close it.

Qing stepped back a little and looked at Dayu; he looked like he's so much in pain, and he's about to cry from it. Dayu gasped; he's getting really worried.

"Qing...?"

Qing didn't say anything; he just picked Dayu up princess style and carried him to the living room.

Dayu watched Qing's expression worriedly, linking his arms around Qing's neck letting Qing carry him to the couch without fuss. Usually he'd be pretending to complain and struggle a little just for the fun of it; but he couldn't even do that right now. Qing really didn't look too good.

Qing put Dayu down gently on the couch and slumped beside him. He knew that Dayu was worried and alarmed over his reaction and he didn't want to drag the matter further. He didn't want to cause more stress to Dayu; in his condition.

But, what he was about to tell Dayu; was not something good either. Yet, he had to tell Dayu about this. He didn't want Dayu to learn about this from someone else.

Dayu waited nervously for Qing to speak, sensing that Qing would tell him the thing that had been weighing him heavily down; with his heart hammering on his chest.

Qing closed his eyes, and took a deep breath before he spoke.

"The person who leaked the lab test and sample results online, was someone I knew.." Qing said, in a heavy voice, looking at Dayu head on. He didn't want to look away because that'd would worry Dayu so much more.