Predestined 157: Weekend Challenge

Dayu stared at his reflection in the mirror

Dayu stared at his reflection in the mirror. He's four months and two weeks long into the pregnancy and finally, he could see a slight bump on his stomach.

He bit his lip; he might not be able to hide his condition for much longer. Though, he could still get away with it, saying that he's just getting fat; and it's just his beer belly.

But somehow; referring to his and Qing's baby inside of him; as a beer belly, sounded wrong to him. Dayu didn't want to deny the baby's existence. Yet, at the same time, it'd not be easy to explain his condition to the public.

Qing was getting ready for bed, and he's just waiting for Dayu to come to bed. His beloved had just taken a warm bath just now, and was getting dressed in their walking closet.

#######

It's Saturday but he and Dayu didn't get a rest at all. His mother and sister came barging in unannounced today; bringing in boxes of birds nest and other products for Dayu. And, what's more hilarious, they even tried cooking nutritious food for Dayu.

The food was so bad; but Dayu would  still try to eat them if he had to, because he did not want to disappoint his mother and sister. Hence, Qing had no choice but call for back up.

He couldn't barged in, into the kitchen because the two women wouldn't let him; they're both so eager to show their cooking skills which was non existence. They probably just did their research on the internet and thought that they could cook those food, confidently, as usual.

So Qing called his grandmother and told her what's happening. Of course, she immediately told him not to let Dayu eat anything his mother and sister cooked, saying that she'd  bring appropriate food for Dayu. If it's his grandmother, his mother and sister wouldn't be able to say anything.

Just before lunch time; their doorbell rang and Qing pretended not to know who was coming. His grandmother walked in with her staffs bringing in food for lunch. Then, she went into the kitchen, tried everything her daughter in law and her grand daughter cooked; and flatly rejected everything.

When the two women tried to object; she ordered them to taste their own cooking. And they did. Qing and Dayu was standing on the doorway looking at the whole thing. Dayu didn't want to but Qing made him stand there.

"You need to see this for yourself so that you don't have any qualms about rejecting the food they cook after this..!" Qing whispered as Dayu tried to walk away. Dayu sighed because Qing sounded so serious, and so he stayed put.

Both Qing's mother and his sister looked at each other with the food in their mouth, and they tried their best to swallow it but in the end they both raced to the sink and spit everything out.

Qing's grandmother demanded that both women tasted everything they cooked and true enough, they ended up spitting every mouthful they tried away.

"You two are the worst cook I had ever met in my entire life." Qing's grandmother's voice thundered all around the kitchen, as she addressed the women sternly, "how could you possibly let Dayu eat all those things!?!"