Predestined 165: Neglected

"You're pretty enthusiastic

"You're pretty enthusiastic..." Dayu mumbled when he saw Qing carefully arranging the things in the guest bedroom.

"Of course.." Qing said, taking a step backwards to have a look at his work. Dayu would have helped if only qing didn't insist of doing it on his own. First, he didn't want Dayu to get tired and second, he wanted his own personal touch in the rooms, "These rooms are where my parents in law and my grandmother in law would be staying. Of course these rooms should be brilliant..." 

Dayu's parents and grandmother, would be arriving tomorrow afternoon, together with Dayu's married best friends, Linda and Mark.

This would be the first time that his in laws come for a visit since Dayu became pregnant and this time, he would be able to play host to them; unlike the last time they visited before, where his in laws had to stay with his parents at his family home. Qing was a little jealous over that situation actually. Dayu's family treated so well and they spoil him so much and also the most important reason was, they had entrusted the one person who meant the world to them, to him; Dayu. That's why Qing would do everything he could to make his in laws' stay at their new home a memorable one.

Dayu chuckled. Qing really is taking this very seriously. So much so, that he's feeling a little left out. Qing didn't want him to even help a little at all. Qing said that it was because Dayu's pregnant and he didn't want Dayu to tire himself out. But, Dayu knew that , that maybe true but that's not all the reasons for Qing's decision to do everything alone. He wanted to look good; no, he wanted to be and do the best for Dayu's family.

Dayu didn't have any protests about that though. It's a blessing to have a husband as understanding as Qing, who didn't shy away from playing host to his in laws and who strived hard to do the best he could for in laws. Not many of this type of son in law exists nowadays. Most couples kept to themselves only and would try to avoid meeting their in laws as much as possible. That's different from Qing. So different. Not that, Dayu's any different from Qing though. Qing's feelings for his in laws (Dayu's family), mirrored exactly Dayu's feeling his own laws (Qing's family). Both of them feels so comfortable and so assured with their in laws.