Predestined 110: Buzz of Excitement

"So, have you heard anything from you from Linda or Mark

"So, have you heard anything from you from Linda or Mark..?" Qing asked, a few days after they went to meet with Liu Minzhe, together.

"Uncle Hong took his first ever break since becoming the mayor ..And he went on a holiday with his whole family..." Dayu smiled. He had a good feeling about when Linda told him about it.

"Really..!?" Qing too, couldn't believe his ears; Liu Minzhe who could not stop bothering Dayu ever since he knew that Dayu had moved on and got a new boyfriend, went on holiday with his family?

That's an extremely important thing. It showed that perhaps Liu Minzhe was finally moving on. He's willing to go, and leave on a holiday with his family; his mother and father who's advice he seldom heed.

Something's must have changed. Qing hoped that his gut instinct is correct; that Liu Minzhe had made a decision to let Dayu become a part of his past. It's such a pity, because he really respected Liu Minzhe's father, who was Dayu's godfather; but, Qing hated his son for being a pain in the ass. And if Liu Minzhe could turn his life around, it would be better for everyone.

"uhum.." Dayu nodded, smiling happily, having the same hope as Qing,  "everybody was pretty ecstatic when they heard the mayor is going on a holiday with his family; not just his wife but also his son..."

"I really hope that Liu Minzhe would not trouble uncle Hong anymore..Its frustrating knowing how much Uncle Hong must have been feeling the pressure. From his son..From the town.." Dayu said, sighing deeply, "I really do respect him..."

Qing nodded, "I know..I know exactly what you mean.." it's strange, Qing wasn't too jealous of Uncle Hong, when everybody else whom Dayu showed a little bit of his attention always got the boot from Qing. Yet, he seemed quiet tolerant of Dayu's god father.

Qing was jealous over mayor Liu Hong too, at first actually. But gradually, the more Qing knew and learnt about the mayor; the more he felt that he really deserved the attention he got from Dayu.

"I admire your God father very much too..." Qing hadn't met the mayor yet, but he really was looking forward to their meeting, "I haven't even met him yet, and I already knew that he's a great man."

Who would be able to deny his own son, to uphold justice for someone else? Not just once but everytime his son acted out, and tried to do something wrong, the mayor was there to make it right.

The mayor also advised his son without fail, to move on, to stop obsessing over Dayu and to start his life without expecting that he and Dayu could get back together. Dayu's family had talked about this a little with Qing. But it was Dayu's bff, the married couple, wonder woman Linda and his poetic romantic husband Mark, who for fed them the news about the Mayor and his son.

Qing had begun to have a good feeling about Dayu's god father when he bravely posted that public statement on his formal social media account, as the mayor of Goderich, concerning the what had really happened between Dayu and his son. The mayor told everything truthfully, and vouched for Dayu openly. He said, he had never met a person as good as his former son in law. Coming from the father of Dayu's former fiance, that's pretty powerful.