Predestined 154: Breaking the News

Qing and Dayu, sat down side by side with Dayu's hand as usual held by Qing on his lap

Qing and Dayu, sat down side by side with Dayu's hand as usual held by Qing on his lap. Dayu's family were lined up in front of them on the laptop screen, sitting on their couch back in Goderich Canada.

It's 8pm here in Beijing and 8am there in Goderich; so it's like night and day. But, this is their usual time though, whenever they had their video call. They always had one or two video calls every months, and a phone call every two days or so. So, when Dayu told his family that they'd be having a video call today, they thought it's just normal. Little did they knew, that tonight Qing and Dayu would be going to break one very important news to them; which would definitely shock them.

"So..How's your day..?" Dayu's mother asked, as soon as everybody was settled in.

"It goes well Ma..I went to the office and after I sent Dayu to his lectures as usual.." Qing answered, smiling, "and how about you guys? Anything new?" He asked, looking at the three people on the screen.

"Well...I got another call from the Food Network Channel..." Qing's father in law looked at him, "they're still very much interested in having you on board, Qing.."  Feng Gui Ho informed his son in law.

Earlier this year, Feng Gui Ho, had signed on to do a cooking show, for the Food Network Channel and upon learning that his son in law is a two Michelin star genius chef who earned his Michelin star at the age of seventeen, and who had published two sold out copies of cookbook before becoming a famous rock band singer, of course the gourmet world was intrigued. And on top of that; he's good looking to boots and also an heir. Naturally they wanted to have a piece of his perfect son in law too.

And it's not only the gourmet world that was interested in his son in law. A few well known film makers also had tried approaching him enquiring whether his son and his son  in law would consider doing a documentary film based on their lives. It seemed that a lot of people were very much captivated by the story of how a genius from Canada, jilted by his boyfriend of ten years,  came to China and met the front man of the Jade's Knights, one of the biggest band in Asia, the notorious non committal playboy, Wang Qing; fell in love and got married.

It's stuff made out of fairy tale. And it appealed to a lot of people. There's a market for such a story on the film industry, since it's the same of the same sex relationship recognition all over the world.

But, of course, even though Feng Gui Ho is so proud of his son and the man he ad chosen to be his husband; he wouldn't make the call for them. He told the people who were enquiring, that he's only the father, he had no right to make decision for his children.

And they haven't even learnt of Dayu's special condition. That he might have the external body of a man. But, inside he also had the complete female reproductive organs. They haven't learned about this. A medical's first as far as they knew. But if this is known; he had no doubt that everybody would hound Dayu and Qing relentlessly.