Predestined 72: Bedazzled

"Dayu

"Dayu..?"

"Uncle Miller..." Dayu smiled, his cheeks flushing, knowing that Mr Miller had been waiting especially for him.

Why else would Mr Miller still here in front of the front desk, at almost one in the morning, if he wasn't.

"Uncle Miller, this is- my fiance, Wang Qing..." There's no hesitation at all when Dayu introduced Qing to Mr Miller.

"Qing..This is Uncle Miller, owner of this hotel..And a very dear family friend..."

Mr Miller smiled at Qing and extended his hand to him, "my..You're really tall!!" He said, and he also added inwardly that he thought that the man is so good looking and so well built and perfect for Dayu, "congratulations...I heard everything from Dayu's father."

Qing bowed down in respect as he shook the man's hand, "thank you, sir.."

Mr Miller had been one of the most vocal family friend who was very vocal about reprimanding people who gossiped about the split between Liu Minzhe and Feng Jianyu. He was a friend and former classmates of both Liu Hong and Feng Gui Ho and he loved both Dayu and Liu Minzhe, so he tried to be supportive and considerate to both.

For him, friends weren't supposed to betray their friends like that but then again, nobody could force themselves to feel things they don't. And if Liu Minzhe fell out of love with Dayu, he knew that Dayu would have to move on with his life. When Dayu opted to go to China, Mr Miller was actually glad because it would give Dayu a chance to heal faster.

Then he began hearing all the rumours circulating around town about the reason why Liu Minzhe left Dayu; putting the blame on Dayu's lack of sexual expertise to satisfy Liu Minzhe, rather than putting the blame on Liu Minzhe who came back with another woman when he's still betrothed  to Dayu; that made him mad.

Mr Miller knew very well where the rumours started from; Liu Minzhe's circle of friends, who were never in tune with Dayu or his friends. They started the rumour to back their friends up and Liu Minzhe did not even have the decency to at least clear things up or at least tell his friends to stop spreading the rumours.

That's when he spoke with Liu Minzhe and told him his peace of mind. Though it fell into deaf ears as Liu Minzhe continued to be a pig for the next few months.

He didn't blame anybody for the break up because it only meant that they weren't meant for each other. They both would find their happiness with someone else meant just for them.

But if he was to pick somebody to blame he would blame Liu Minzhe who didn't have the decency to break up with Dayu before starting a relationship with someone else. If anything; Dayu was the victim but Liu Minzhe's friends made him the bad guy. Mr Miller couldn't take that. So he stood up for Dayu.

And now- thank God. Dayu is back, with someone else and they're now engaged. Dayu looked healed, he looked happy and he looked better than he had ever looked before. And Mr Miller knew it's all because of the man he had brought back with him. And if his senses is to be trusted, Dayu loves this man more than he had ever loved Liu Minzhe.