Predestined Special; Mr Scrooge and Cartier Rock

Dayu looked at the ring on his finger, looking at it against shining sun reflected by the magnificent waterfall, in front of them

"Qing.."

"Hmm..." Qing took Dayu's hand, intertwined their fingers and then brought Dayu's hand to his lips, planting a kiss on Dayu's hand. His other hand encircling Dayu's waist.

"How much does this ring cost?" Dayu asked, seriously, as he pulled away and turned back to look at Qing. Qing smiled, kissing Dayu's forehead, then he tucked Dayu back into his arms.

Dayu blushed, "Wang Qing .! Behave..!" He hissed, punching Qing lightly on his chest as he looked around. Luckily, there weren't that many people at the observation tower this afternoon. And if anything, most of the people who were here at the moment, were couples. And so, everyone kept to themselves.

"You're still thinking about the cost?" Qing asked, Dayu had tried pressuring him this morning when they woke up too. And he managed to evade the question then. He should have known that Dayu wouldn't forget about it too easily.

They're standing facing the majestic Niagara Falls and suddenly, Dayu was asking about the price of the ring again.

"Sorry..But it kind of bothers me..And the rock's just too big.." Dayu looked at the ring again; "come on..Tell me..."

"Dayu ah..." Qing whispered, "I think that's something I shouldn't tell you..."

Dayu frowned, "why?" Dayu elbowed Qing lightly, "because it's too expensive right?" He asked, knowing that that's the reason.

Qing couldn't answer as he tried to think of something that would distract Dayu from asking about it further, "if I tell you, what would you do..?"

Dayu blinked, isn't the answer obvious?

"Uhm..Maybe...Pay for half of it.." Dayu had always been independent hence its only natural for him to want to pay for the ring too.

"That's your engagement ring..why should you pay for it..?" Qing asked, not liking Dayu's answer.