Predestined 60: The One

"No

"No..."

Qing's heart broke.

"What!?" Qing was so sure that Dayu was going to say YES. And Qing quickly tried to hide his broken heart with a smile, "well...At least I had tried asking..." it was very painful to smile.

Well, he did ask Dayu to live with him, in the most unromantic way possible; after some heavy kissing, in the constricted front seat of his car. Of course, Dayu would say NO.

This is for the better. Qing tried to console his pained heart, feeling himself so close to tears. He had never thought that he would ever want to live with someone this bad. I will have time to prepare a more romantic setting. And I will ask Dayu again. Qing said to himself.

Dayu could actually see the emotions filling Qing up; the pained look he gave Dayu, the pained smile and the look of bitter disappointment and heart break; Dayu could see them all clearly.

"Hear me out, Qing.." Dayu took Qing's face in between his palms again and forced Qing's teary eyes to look at him.

"I couldn't live with you..Not until you meet my family."

Qing blinked- it took him almost a minute before he fully understood what Dayu was telling him.

"Dayu!?" Qing's heart which had been broken and pained earlier because he thought that he had been rejected was now, fully intact and pumping again with excitement like mad.

"I never thought that I would agree to do this..." Dayu muttered, as he lowered his head, and shyly rested his forehead on Qing's  shoulder, "but, I want you to meet my family.."

Qing's arms snaked around Dayu again, pulling him closer, breathing in Dayu's lavender scented hair. He's using the same shampoo that Qing used himself but somehow Dayu smelled much more sweeter.

Dayu's own hands went around Qing's waist; clearly hearing Qing's heartbeat quickening and getting louder by the seconds.

Not just Qing, my heartbeat isn't doing very well either. Dayu smiled to himself.