Predestined 82: Whirlwind

"You lucky son of a gun !"

Qing smirked, as Cai Zhou gave him a bear hug, smiling at him- and genuinely looking happy. Something Cai Zhou doesn't often do.

"Congrats!" Hiro and Aroon then hugged Qing in turns after Cai Zhou, patting his back.

Then, Qing came face to face with Qiushi, who was the only one not so eager to give him a hug and congratulate him.

"You're sure you didn't force Dayu..?" Qiushi asked, with narrowed eyes.

Qing gritted his teeth, "No. I didn't..He accepted me whole heartedly with fully conscious mind."

Qiushi blinked his eyes, "you better not do anything to hurt him. He's a good man.." he said seriously, looking at Qing seriously.

"I know full well that he's a good man.." Qing muttered, Dayu is his lover after all. He knew all the great qualities Dayu possess. And he also knew that people could see the same qualities he saw; and his jealousy would flare automatically.

"You're getting too attached to my man.." Qing said, facing Qiushi, his eyes were cold and sharp.

"I have told you, that Dayu and I are kindred spirits..I like him." Qiushi said, bravely, pushing forward, despite seeing Qing's expression which was getting  colder and tauter.

"You're my friend. I've known you almost all my life." Qiushi continued, "I had no doubt that you have fallen in love with Dayu. And you're in love for the first time...What I'm afraid of is, your possessive and monopolizing streak.."

Qiushi knew him well. Cai Zhou gave them both a raise of his eyebrow. Then he turned to Qiushi, "I knew this guy almost all my life too..And I knew about his possessive and monopolizing tendency when it comes to Dayu..But..I don't think that Qing would do anything to hurt Dayu.." Cai Zhou smirked again at Qing from the corner of his eyes, "unless it's that kind of hurt, though.." 

Qing smirked back, thankful for Cai Zhou's backing.

Qiushi gave Cai Zhou a sharp look, "usually you would also tease Qing...Why are you on his side now?"

"Ahh...But, it's not only me...You are also on his side, aren't you?" Cai Zhou smiled, "don't be stubborn...Just give him a hug. You're just feeling left out, because Qing found his soul mate first and then he proposed without consulting us first.."

So that's was it? It's not because Qiushi fell for Dayu or anything. His friends are feeling left out?

Qing sighed then gave Qiushi a hug, "I'm sorry.." he patted Qiushi's back, who had fallen silent, and was then accepting Qing's hug without saying anything.

Qing then looked at his other three friends. He had only told them about his engagement to Dayu the day after the occasion. And it was also only a two minutes phone call.