Predestined 64: Tests, Trials and Tribulations; Part 2

Dayu looked at Qing, questioningly, "you're sure about this

Dayu looked at Qing, questioningly, "you're sure about this..?"

Qing smirked, "love...I got this...Don't worry...!" Qing couldn't help but brushed his fingers over his lover's cheek, to ease the slight worry on his face.

Dayu sighed, if they're somewhere else, he would have turned and plant a kiss on that palm brushing his cheek right now.

Qing might have had his mother and his grandmother eating on the palm of his hand right now, but it looked like Dayu's father is another matter.

Upon learning of Qing's not so humble beginning; Dayu's father seemed to have something heavy on his mind.

It's not as if he didn't like Qing but, it's more like, there's something that he needed clarification on.

And, it's the truth. Mr Feng liked Wang Qing. He thought that Qing was a decent man, sincere and he obviously adored his son and he's good looking and rich; what's there not to like about him? And he really liked Wang Qing. But, the more he liked the man, the scarier he got.

He really liked Liu Minzhe too. And look where it got him; where it got them?

That's why, he would have to, at least test him, a little, before agreeing to his instinct to just embrace the man and welcome him to the family.

"What are you doing, son!?" His mother was beyond herself with disbelief when she heard what her son proposed when they were getting ready to leave for home after lunch.

"Qing...How about, you stay back and help me a bit here...If it's not too much of a bother...You said, you've helped occasionally in your family restaurant, right..?" To tell the truth, even though Qing seemed genuine, Mr Feng was still afraid to believe, that Wang Qing is actually different from Liu Minzhe.

Liu Minzhe never had to work 'hard' in all his life. He finished his study and then took over his father's mining company, which allowed his father to concentrate on his work as the mayor.

And Wang Qing told them over lunch that he had some experiences helping out in his grandmother's restaurant, as one of the kitchen staff. And being in the restaurant business, he knew full well, how hard the work was being a kitchen staff.

Could it be, that Wang Qing, really is different from Liu Minzhe in that sense?

Thus, he decided to ask Qing to help out, just to see whether he really has the experience as a kitchen helper like he said.

"I would love to..!" Qing didn't even think about it, he gave his answer enthusiastically.

"No..You're our guest..!" Dayu's grandmother gave Qing an apologetic smile before turning to her son and dragging him to one corner.

"Excuse us a bit, Dayu ah..Qing..?" Dayu's mother smiled guiltily at Dayu and Qing before she followed her mother in law and her husband.

That's when Dayu turned to look at Qing. He knew that Qing had experience working in the kitchen. But that's a long time ago. It had been five years. Could he still really do it?