Predestined 162: Preparing for A Family

It was finally official

It was finally official. Dayu finally handed in his letter of Leave Without Pay, to the Dean of his faculty; Professor Yan.

And Professor Yan, thought that it was only because of Dayu's special condition (him being an intersexed and having difficulty in adjusting to the condition physically). Dayu still kept hadn't told Professor Yan that he's now pregnant. The only person in the university who knew about it was Zhang Lei. And he isn't going to blabber anything to Professor Yan. It's Dayu's prerogative to decided when he would tell people of his condition. Even Wang Yu, Professor Yan's former son in law too was not telling anybody. Not even his parents.

When the time comes; Dayu and Qing would tell the whole world, if they want to. And even if they keep this as a secret, they could. It's their sole right.

And Qing had also officially applied for a leave from any band activities as well. He's not going to let Dayu stay at home, alone; not in bis condition.

And after Dayu handed in his letter of Leave Without Pay, he had a temporary farewell gathering with his students. They already knew that Dayu would be taking a long leave due to 'health' reason, that's why they were able to organise the farewell gathering for their beloved professor.

Qing waited for Dayu in his office having a talk with Professor Yan , while also helping to clear Dayu's table; as Dayu spent some time with his students.  After Dayu came back, he and Qing bid goodbye walked to Professor Yan and walked to the car together.

"You're okay..?" Qing asked, noticing that Dayu's expression looked a little gloomy.

Dayu loved teaching, after all. He had been teaching for eight years now, ever since he was only 19 (when Dayu started tutoring in University).

"I'm a little sad..." Dayu answered honestly, "I wasn't able to see through their studies until their final exam..." this batch of students was Dayu's third batch of students in Peking University and the first that he wasn't able to teach until their finals. So, of course Dayu's upset.

"Well..There's no helping it..You'll be eight months pregnant by their final exam though..." Qing reminded Dayu of that fact. Dayu sighed and nodded, "I know.." Dayu knew of his condition very well. And he understood that he'd have to apply for an unpaid leave, before his condition became more apparent.

He and Qing still hadn't made any decision yet; about whether they'd come clean about Dayu's condition to the world, or just keep everything under wrap for as long as they could even after Dayu delivers.

"Cheer up, Dayu ah..hey..At least we will have more time to be together from now on..We can start preparing for the baby, now...right?" Qing brushed his hand over Dayu's cheek, and pinched the sulky Dayu gently.

Dayu glanced at Qing and sighed again; his sour mood lighten up considerably, at the feel of Qing's hand and at the sound of Qing's voice.

"And..Today, I'll be taking you somewhere special.." Qing winked at Dayu. Dayu frowned; Qing's being cheeky is a little unnerving.