On a highway to Cali

Rios got into his white Mitsubishi with worn out tyres to take a drive to Cali to find Raul's dead body , he wanted to make sure that it was in a proper place where the police couldn't find it , just like always , whenever he visited the place at least once in three months , he stopped by at the same gas station ,the man attending to the station has always been the same man since he was the owner, he was now starting to get used to Rios's face from the past two times they've met each other .

"Oh sir it's good to see you again." The gas station attendant opened Rios's car gas tank as he sat on a wheel . " Not meddle but am wondering if you have any problem or any issues with the police because there was a couple looking for your car a few days ago ." He thought it would be a good idea to inform him as sign of proving to him he's social with his customers .

"What do you mean there was a couple looking for my car ? why and what did you tell them ?" Rios got unsettled as he pulled out the money to pay for the gasoline .

"Well it was a young black lady who happened to work for the police , she had her boyfriend inside her car ,she told me her boyfriend had been ran over by car which I suppose fits the description of this car of yours, they told me they were looking for the car because the police told them the car was last seen on this road , they asked me to have a look at the cameras . I initially refused but when I thought about , the woman losing her job because a simple task of looking at the cameras . I agreed ."

"I think they lied to you , my car has never been involved in any accident , they must have been highway burglars ,all they do is to look into your cameras, see who is wealthy and who is not ,then they keep on following that car till they rob it . I think you should be knowing this ."

"Not really. I didn't know about that trick , however , thank you for stopping by ." The man received his money from him , avoiding to get in to details about the matter .

Rios left the station knowing that at least his godson wasn't giving up on getting himself out of prison , he realized that it wasn't the highway burglars as he explained to the gas station attendant , it must have been the police working on the case , Manuel must have managed to describe his car to the police ,all he had to do was to get rid of the car as soon as possible , he took the car to a garage and asked the manager of the garage to dismantle the car as soon as possible ,he paid earlier the full payment so that the job was done in a blink , told the garage manager not to keep spare parts but to throw them away in different places .

Vanessa and Pablo never left the place nearby the gas station , the two knew the owner of the car they were looking for would sometime stop by at the same gas station , they got themselves an hotel room from where they could keep an eye on the gas station using binoculars, and after two days , the car showed up , Pablo who was always on the binoculars alerted Vanessa on how they've got what they were looking for, the two hurried and got inside their car , followed the car right from the gas station till it was taken to garage, right from the gas station , Rios never noticed that he was being followed since the gas station attendant told him those who were looking for his car were around some days back

"What do you think he's doing ?" Vanessa asked as they watched everything going on across the street inside their car .

"The man is not stupid after all." Pablo smiled . "What he's doing his dismantling the car ."

"And how are we going to prove that it's the car he used to kidnap Manuel?"

"We have to wait and see them in the act , we need to talk to the owner of that garage ,we need to know who is the exact owner of that car ."

"Are we going to spend more days without sleeping in our homes ?"

"That's part of our job and if you don't mind , can you get me a sandwich? haven't got breakfast yet, though am not going to stay here the whole day ,at least back in the hotel , we can come back here tomorrow ."