At the assembly

After doctor Alfonso's class. Fiona didn't wait any longer , she took a bus on her way to doctor Tatiana's apartment . Manuel was waiting , he opened the door for her ,both were excited to see each other again, getting inside the living room .Fiona found Manuel had already chosen nice dishes on a table , two glasses were next to a bottle of a passion juice since he knew Fiona didn't take alcohol, a few candles were lit around the table and two near a radio from which a soft serenade was playing. Manuel told her he couldn't get the real mariachis because he didn't have the money but thought it would be a better idea to play a song for them right from the radio .

Manuel had taken a shower and he was smelling good away from that nasty smell in prison , he told her to sit down .

"What is this Manuel? everything looks so wonderful here ."

"We're celebrating my freedom ."

"I see . I didn't know you can get this romantic ."

"Come and sit , am at your service tonight ."

"I appreciate everything you're doing now ,but a lot has happened today Manuel . I don't know whether am fit for a romantic dinner ."

"You don't have to worry about anything , let's eat first because you can not sleep without eating . I will take you to the guest room , that will be our bedroom ."

He served her , sat down on table with her and the two ate together, and when they were done eating . Manuel carried Fiona to the guest room which was well laid , told her how happy he was that she decided to spent a night with him .

"I'm sorry I might ruin this for you , you know that classmate of mine called Santiago ,you won't believe what the guy did, he printed several fliers claiming that they're studying with guerrilla militants and they're not allowing them inside the university ,tomorrow he's organizing an assembly to find what's next on that issue . I can not believe it someone like him was trying to get close to me ."

"I suggest tonight ,we don't talk about things that make us sad . I know it's hard to think that they're can go away but we're should make an effort and be happy now ." He tried to distract her from her problems as he held her in his arms to the bedroom .

"I'm sorry again." She opened the door ,he then took her on bed . "Now that am on bed . I suggest I give you a massage first , you know moments like this make me think of the roughness of Baragan all over my body ,so am thinking , if I give you a massage ,it will help feel a different presence of someone else other than Baragan , what do you think ? "

"Oh my girl is smart ,from where did you learn that ?"

"I'm a medical student , are you forgetting? we're taught doing postmortem care on patients , sister Lucracia has been a great help in teaching me on how to do a massage ."

"I must say am blessed to have a medical student besides me , well then let's do this ." He took off his shirt ,though Fiona didn't have the oils by then but the texture of Manuel's skin made her feel relax and peaceful as she moved her hands all over his back and in the process of doing that , both fell asleep without knowing .

Next morning Fiona woke up first , she left him in bed ,went to the bathroom , washed her face and had her medical student's uniform on , left a note for him saying that she didn't want to wake him up but she had to get to the university as soon as possible .

"Thank you for last night." The note continued . "Thank you for being patient with me . I truly felt like someone else , not that girl from the jungle , thank you ."

Since Manuel didn't sleep at his apartment on his first night from prison . Adriana was getting tired of him only showing up in her life and her daughter's whenever it was convenient for him , she got 'Isabella' into her carrier and took her to the Bustamantes. Miguel who was the only one at home that afternoon asked her if Manuel had got out of prison , why she wasn't leaving the baby with him .