Fiona Cheung's review

"I don't know much about what this review is all about ,but to me , I will simply quote my key parts in the story , moments that brought a smile on my face , moments I loved so much .

1: "I think the people who have been behind my education ,that is Doctor Tatiana and father Rivas are the one responsible for my being here , and since I trust them , they must have made a good choice ."

The Dean didn't ask her any further questions , the girls answers were annoying , asked for other students ,Fiona was passed on to other doctors , Victor was also disturbed with the way she answered the questions the Dean asked , after the other three doctors were done with her again , it was the dean's turn with her again

"So here we go again Fiona Bustamante , from you papers I have here , it shows that you weren't in school in 2001,2002 up to 2014 , would you mind telling us why you were not in school all these years ?" the Dean asked .

When the Dean asked her this question, Fiona's mind lingered through her memories again when they used to move from one place to another , stealing from villagers, kidnapping children, and the fact that she never saw teacher in her entire life .all she knew was the mist that hung thick and low in the jungle that reduced the visibility a few yards away ,sounds of birds twittering timidly in their nests its all she knew.

"Ms Bustamante , do you think we will have a whole day waiting for you to give a reply to such an easy question ?"

Fiona stared at the Dean with an angry face ,then eventually stood up fully fed up to give what she thought could be her answer to the annoying Dean .

"Look here sir ,I don't know why you keep on picking on me by asking me absurd questions , you may think I wont pass but trust me the way I passed my authentication , it's the same way I will pass this interview and to tell you something , I've never been to a school throughout those years , I spent the rest of life traveling , moving from one place to another ,you don't even have any idea what it is for children at my age by then to only go out there look for what to eat , going to school not something that could ever come cross those children's minds ."

2: Fiona's mind was somewhere else , she was thinking about what she went through with the militias , a similar question was asked amongst the girls and boys with whom she was with the militias ,when she was asked back then she said she wanted to be like their commander ,giving orders around ,telling everyone what to do and obey with out questioning , she wanted to beat the hell out of those who never listened to her in their group .

"Fiona , Fiona, are you with us ?" Santiago asked again .

"Oh me ?"

"Yeah you ."

"Well I always wanted to be the boss ."

"What ?" They all laughed .

"Yeah , I always wanted to be the boss ." She insisted .

"What kind of a profession is that ?, you just just sound like a mafia from some drug cartel ." Santiago grinned .

"But that's in the past guys ,now am working hard to become a doctor and that's what matters ."

"All right boss ."

3; "What do you mean by what caused her death doctor ? Isn't it clear that the woman died due to drowning ?" Santiago of the one students answered from the audience .

"I agree with him sir. " Victor agreed with him.

The rest of others students seem to agree with Santiago's answer except one who wasn't saying anything , she was quiet throughout all the discussion , looking so disturbed with the images she was seeing ,looking so uninterested and traumatized .

"What do you think Fiona ?"Alfonso asked . "You look so absent minded ."

"Sorry doctor I'm slightly distracted, but I think that woman didn't die due to drowning or the impact of rocks on to her body ,when you look at that woman's body carefully , you can see that her face doesn't have cuts at all but the cuts or the wounds all over her body are from her shoulders to her legs which means that that woman was struggling with someone so she ended up being beaten or cut ,when you look at her thighs ,it shows fingerprints though we can not tell who's fingerprints are but that shows that the woman was raped before she was killed and going back to the fact that her face is clear compared to her lower body , this kind of decomposition and the sores all over , it shows that this woman was buried first in ground then pulled out and thrown in a river .and another thing doctor , when you look at that woman's shoulders again , you will find that both of her shoulders are not at the same level which means that this woman used to carry something on the other shoulder and that can only be a gun ,that makes this woman a guerrilla ."

"Well ,well , Fiona , I must say all you've said is right ,congratulations girl , I'm sure you can make a good pathologist ." Doctor Alfonso agreed with her .

"Thank you doctor ."

4 : "Okay, okay guys." Monica thought of adding something to the conversation . "I don't see the importance of this machine , we use it for a few hours and leave it , why would Ramon's father become a bother to us, we can simply give him the machine ."

"That's not how it works Monica ." Her father objected .

"Have you just said for a few hours ?" Something came up in Nina's mind .

"Yes, so what ?" Monica replied .

"What do you have in mind Nina?" Fiona noticed her thoughtful younger sister was up to something.

"If you notice , few or almost none of the people in this neighborhood have a washing machine." She began narrating what she had in mind . "Monica says that we use our machine for a few hours , if we can ask the people in this neighborhood to use our machine for the rest of the hours or one hour for every neighbor , we can earn a lot of money to pay Mr Chucho the thief ."

"That's brilliant Nina." Fiona appreciated her sister's idea .

Well there are lots of these key parts to enjoy in this story but I managed to pick out these few, am not a fan of long paragraphs , but this 149 chapter book has made me change my opinion on that , I think now I can read as much as possible and all thanks to you @joseph8483 .

Here I get to learn that with persistence , we can over come a lot in way , we can get to our dreams no matter what . Families and friends are really important , we can always count on them , a bad guy like Baragan , Santiago , Segura and Ignasia will always be a bad guy ,however much they try to hide among the good people .

But I still don't understand , what is the meaning of these songs mentioned in the story? , what a hell is that language? Don't these Colombians ever heard of Paramore, Pale waves , Birdy and wolf alice , all they listen to is Selena Gomez , Jesse & Joy and the I don't remember musicians .

Am done with this Joseph , thank you for bringing this other world to me ."

@cheungfio