Baragan

Baragan and Rios decided to meet again at their favorite cafeteria called cafe Amarti on the northern outskirts of Bogota , for this meeting to happen . Rios couldn't stop calling him and crying on a phone about what he was supposed to do with all the charges against him, when they met. Rios got a paper out of his pockets , showed it to Baragan , it was a subpoena, when Baragan read through it , he laughed .

"Now what's so funny about that ?" Rios asked . " I've been given this piece of paper to start attending court hearings and you find that funny colonel."

"I don't know why you worry much about this." He waved the paper before his face . " Unless you're telling me that you didn't do the job well, but if you did, these sons of bitches won't find anything against us and we will get our jobs back ."

"They won't find the body . I assure you that ."

"That's great then ,now all I want is for you to go to my house and pick up my wife , take her anywhere she wants ,i have to go and see a building where I will be setting my security services office."

"I see you're serious about this security business ."

"I need to provide for my family unlike you who don't even have a wife , why don't you stop sleeping with prostitutes and find yourself a woman?"

"I will go and check on your wife ." He felt uncomfortable with his sarcasm about his life .

That afternoon Rios brought his white Mitsubishi car with worn out tyres and parked it outside a house with a white picket fence , Pamela Luise was expecting him , when she saw the car across the street , she came out ,met him and told him that she was expecting him.

"I know , you know the colonel asked me to take care of you from now , so tell me Ms , where will we be going ?" He explained in his faint voice .

"Let me ask you a question? you and Baragan have been close friends for long now , both of you have been expelled from the army , it's only you who isn't complaining , my husband is always like they're treating me unfairly , tell me Rios , is he giving you enough that you don't even need to keep your job ?"

"Madam , that's the colonel's business and I , so where are we going ?"

"I don't like discreet employees , but what can I do ? they're the only ones available , let's go the salon to see my hairdresser ."Disappointed as she was , she stepped inside his car.

Rios started the car and took Baragan's wife to where she wanted to go, for Baragan , he managed to meet the man who was to show him the apartment from where he was to set his office , the man also happened to be the land lord of the building ,he got the keys and took him to the apartment he had rented as Baragan explained to him on how he was going to use the apartment .

"I truly understand the nature of the business you're going to start on my property ,but I don't think the tenants around here really need security , it's more likely that your business might fail and as you know Mr Baragan . I'd love to receive my rent fee in time ." The man looked uncomfortable with the colonel's idea on how he was to use his building , but from what he saw on TV .Baragan's background , the man got really terrified that he had to comply with whatever he was saying .

"Don't worry about it Mr Edward , my business won't fail, you will receive your money in time and if I don't get clients . I will enforce this on them and to other people on other buildings , for those who don't need security , their businesses will be the target ,once their businesses are targeted , they will be forced to ask for our help and that's how the business will grow hence you receiving your rent in time and in vast amount ."

"Sounds great ." Mr Edward couldn't believe him, his way of earning money was more of extortionism, he had no choice but to agreed to his idea after all he was to earn a lot from it too with a vast amount he was talking about .