Chucho

On a Saturday when the girls and their parents were at home for a weekend . Chucho who was already a partner in their laundry business came back at the Bustamente's house for his share from the three washing machines he rented them,before he could knock on the door , he began eavesdropping through the door to find out what they were talking about inside the house , after a minute , he knocked on the door , when Nina who was counting the amount of money which they've earned from the laundry services over a month heard that it was Chucho on the door , she hid the money under her dress . Miguel who was counting with her kept the amount he had on top of that table ,for Mrs Meriya ,she went and opened the door for him , he asked if he could come in and at least have a glass of water . Meriya allowed him inside ,on sitting down .Miguel asked Nina to go get a glass of water for the man .Nina glared at Chucho and as she was getting up , she struggled to hide the amount of money which was under her dress . Chucho saw her fidgeting , realized that she was trying to hide some money from him, he didn't say a word . Nina went and got a glass of water for him .

"Well Mr Miguel ,as you know . I did not come here only for a glass of water . I came here for my share from what we've earned so far from our business with those three washing machines."

"I know Mr Chucho and as you came in , we were counting that we've earned for the past four weeks and here is the 100,000 pesos I have for you ." He counted the money and gave it to him.

"Mr Miguel ,seriously are you going to give me only one hundred thousand pesos ? I think your daughter has more more under her dress .I saw her hiding the money ."

"Mr Chucho , if she's hiding some money , it will be for our expenses ,as you see , whatever we're making ,it all goes to you , we can not even afford meals here , we may have a partnership but it's us who are working hard here ,you're not doing anything ,at least let us have something to eat ."

"Mr Miguel ,when you talk like that ,you make me feel like am the bad guy here , was it my fault that I rented you my washing machines ? you can think about yourselves later , a debt is something more important , so tell that young girl to get the money out of her dress ."

"Nina , give the man the money ." Miguel looked out of options .

Nina hesitantly pulled out the one million she had under her dress and gave it to the man . Chucho counted the money and found out that it was way much more compared to what Miguel had given him earlier , he called them 'cheaters' , they were hiding more money compared to what they were paying him .

"Now that you've tried to cheat me Mr Miguel ." He added . "Am going to take this one million and the one hundred thousand pesos ,it's none of my business that you're left with none ,and that means I still owe you one hundred pesos , in a week I will be coming for the money ."

"I've had enough of this ." Meriya banged the table and stood up . " You should stop what you're doing Mr Chucho ." She shouted at the man . "We don't need Fiona to realize that this man is stealing from us Miguel , we've been paying for the past months since we got these washing machines , now we've given you one hundred thousand pesos ,on top of that you've taken the one million pesos and you want more , we do the working and all you do is to come and pick the money , no more of this ."

"Don't be ungrateful Ms Meriya ." Calmly Chucho forced a smile on his face . "I am the person helping you out here , you and you family have a job that brings in a good amount of money thanks to me ."

"I never like it when my daughter Nina calls you a 'crook' because it's out of disrespect to her elders but I think she's right , you are crooked ."

"I think am also beginning to get tired of hearing that , several times I've that ill mannered daughter of yours calling me names, now am wondering whether you're doing enough to teach her how to behave ."