Manuel's case , Baragan discharged .

A woman named Rosaura had heard about accusations going on about colonel Baragan , she came to the military base looking for colonel Alzate a man whom she was told was behind the investigation against military officials who were misusing there power ,later on she managed to see colonel Alzate with the help of lieutenant Susan , the woman presented a medical form and a few more documents that showed that her son who was on oxygen therapy in an hospital, her son was several beaten by colonel Baragan , all she wanted was for him to pay . Alzate promised her that he would do his best in his power to make sure Baragan pay for all his crimes .

When Ms Rosaura had gone , Colonel Alzate went to talk to general Gutierrez and presented to him the medical forms of Ms Rosaura's son who was several beaten by colonel Baragan ,also presented before him a clip from street cameras that shown Raul's movements before he was kidnapped and killed , the clips showed him stealing a phone from pedestrian , hit by a car , taken to the hospital and then disappearing from the parking area .

Colonel Alzate told the general that that was clear evidence that it was all Baragan's doing and it should be presented before the district attorney if he orders to do so , the general was convinced with what was presented before him, he asked him to go ahead with what he was doing and pleaded to him to speed all the investigation because he was getting tired of the case .

Leaving the general's office , Alzate met Baragan outside the military block coming to report for work ,Alzate asked him whether his family had already arrived from United States because he heard they were returning .

"My family is back in Bogota Alzate and in fact my daughter is excited about our new small house , I hope you're happy too about that ." He remembered all the complaining Pamela Luise was putting up when she just got back from United States ,asking him to get her mansion back as soon as possible, that she couldn't live in that pigsty and how Maria Luise was okay with her new home .

"I'm happy for your daughter , I can not speak for you but here is what I have for you , a letter from the general asking you to show up in his office ." He handed a folded white paper to him .

Baragan took the letter , read through and left for the general's office immediately , he knocked the door , the general allowed him to come in , on saluting him , the general gave him another letter , reading through it , it was dismissing him from the army and summoning him to the court to defend himself .Baragan tried to explain to the general that it's all slander but the general asked him to prove it in court ,not before him since he wasn't above the law himself .

In about thirty minutes after Baragan had left his office , Colonel Alzate and General Gutierrez met and organized a press conference ,Alzate alongside him , they told the press that they were unmasking the names of the soldiers who are under investigation on cases regarding violation of human rights , rape ,mass killings of civilians and many other charges ,Colonel Baragan and Lieutenant Rios's names were among the names of the soldiers that were under investigation and they had been dismissed from the army till further notice .

At his new home on a TV , Baragan turned off the television on seeing what was on the news , Pamela Luise asked him to turn it on , she thought maybe they were talking about another Baragan that had been dismissed from the army .

"You're not the only Baragan honey." She continued . "They're many Baragans in the Colombian army ,isn't that right dear ?"

Maria Luise on her computer in the other room came out in a rush , seemed she was the only one in the house convinced that there was only one Baragan in the Colombian army who was at a rank of a colonel, asked her father whether what she had just seen on internet was true .

"Come on darling , come and sit next to me." He held her left hand and pulled her close to him . "What you've seen on news ,it's all lies , they don't have any evidence against me , am not guilty , those are a few individuals who're trying to damage my image and you know what darling!, all I need in moments like these ,it's your support ,if you're on my side , those people trying to give me a bad image can not win against me ."