Fiona wakes up .

Inside the unit sited next to her daughter as Rodrigo checked through how she was recuperating from a diagnostic procedure she had . Ms Meriya saw a pulse oximeter on her daughter that was measuring the oxygen saturation level getting high , her eyes lightened up and they lightened up further when she saw her daughter moving her index finger , then began waking up from her sleep , eventually Fiona was fully awake , she sighed and pulled herself towards the pillows to sit upright as her mother and Rodrigo watched her . Meriya couldn't believe what was happening , her face lit up , her eyes sparkled and their corners crinkled as the corners of her mouth slid upwards . Fiona wondered what all the smiles on their faces were all about and asked them about what had happened .

"I was worried and scared child that you might not make it ." Tears of joy came out her mother's eyes.

"You were being intoxicated Fiona and you didn't know about it , someone wanted to get rid of you." Rodrigo didn't hesitate to tell her what exactly happened to her.

"What do you mean by someone wanted to get rid of me doctor Rodrigo ?" She asked. "Who was it?"

"It was that doctor child , remember that doctor who promised to buy your medicine , that evil man was the one poisoning you."

"It's true Fiona , doctor Ignasia had all this time been poisoning you with mercury giving an excuse that he was helping you with your illness." Rodrigo confirmed what Ms Meriya had said. "Ms Meriya you can go and call doctor Alfonso , tell him that the patient has woken up . I think he has a lot to share with her."

As her mother left the room to go and call doctor Alfonso . Fiona remembered all the good things Ignasia was tending to do for her , right from the day when she got dizzy and a headache she had in class that Ignasia allowed her to step out of the class for a bottle of water. Ignasia promised to take care of her , remembered the time they spent in Choco , how she usually payed visits to his apartment for medicine and when they came back to Bogota , how he promised to buy the expensive medicine she was prescribed , couldn't believe that the inhaler she was using was also filled with mercury , realized that this was all a lie , the man was using her innocence to get what he wanted .

Still thinking about it , the door was pushed open . Alfonso came in hurry , looked excited upon seeing her sited on the bed in a perfect health . Fiona was also excited to see him around . Alfonso meant a lot to her , he had always helped her ,given her an opportunity to be a better person .

"I'm so glad you're back Fiona , you have no idea how you got us all worried , every member of the stuff here have had their attention on you , not to forget you mother . Manuel and you classmates , it's really good to have you back ."

"Oh doctor ! Don't you know that I have a thousand lives just like a cat." She smiled. "It's not that easy for someone to get rid of me . I've heard that am here thanks to doctor Ignasia, you know I feel so stupid doctor . I should have notice that as it was happening to me ,he fooled me . I've been through a million tragedies but I don't understand how I failed to notice this one ."

"Relax , you don't need to get tense right now , the man used your trust to get what he wanted." He calmed her down. "Rodrigo can you leave us alone? I want to talk to her in private."

Rodrigo agreed , had the report form down on a table next to her bed and stepped out .

"Fiona." He came closer to her just after Rodrigo stepped out . "Am really happy that you're out of danger but try to forget about Ignasia , in life we've always been deceived by the people who we believe are close to us and look at Ignasia , you were not even close to him , you just thought he was a nice teacher trying to help you out . Ignasia has hurt us all , he had dragged the university and I into his mess ,we're all in serious trouble . I'm under investigation and everyone else for doing illegal abortions and surgeries that lead to the death of Helima and many other patients ."