More Washing Machines .

When the children were at school. Mr Miguel helped with the laundry to keep the business running , what took his time was the finishing which involved ironing , usually he asked Mrs Meriya to help him with that on days she stayed home , but whenever he was alone , it gave him a hard time .

"I think if we had an extra flat iron this would be easier and quicker ." Miguel laid down his idea before her as she brought more clothes for ironing.

"You're talking about flat irons but remember we don't have enough electricity , first pay the bills then we can think about more flat irons ."

"But you know very well I earn less , this isn't even my money , it's my daughter's money am making here ."

"Well then you can go back to your favorite friend Chucho and borrow some more money from him ."

"Don't even talk about that man, just finish up those clothes , tomorrow I have to take them back to their owners ."

The next day ,Miguel took his two girls to school , Fiona and her mother took a bus together to San Pedro university as always , later after taking the girls to school , Miguel came back ,packed the clothes well wrapped in different wrappers with tags indicating the owners and took them to their respective owners .

After school , Nina and Monica met Ramon ,asked them if he could escort them to their house , Monica excitedly agreed ,the three went home talking about different things going on in their families .

"By the way Ramon." Nina felt like speaking her mind out . "last night I overheard my mother and my father talking about your father , they confirmed my suspicions that your father is a thief , he lends people money ,ask for a bigger interest when they don't pay it in time and on top of that ,he likes asking for the money before the given time ."

"Shut up Nina will you ?" Monica found that embarrassing . "Sorry about my little sister Ramon ,she just says anything without thinking ."

"It's okay Monica , and Nina. I don't get into my father's business. I don't go door to door asking for his money ."

"Okay fine , now that you're free from your father's doing , can you take us for a lunch just like Santiago Fiona's boyfriend ? it will be your treat ." Nina asked

"I have no problem with that .I am going to take you to our favorite local restaurant ."

He took the two to a restaurant three blocks away from his father's house , when done eating , they left the restaurant ,the three continued on their way to Mrs Meriya 's house , took stairs up to the orange house , reaching the house , they found the door locked and couldn't see the keys where they were supposed to be , Miguel forgot to leave the keys under the flower pot that was on a glass window .Ramon decided to leave the two doing their homework outside the house, went back to his home because he had other things to do .In about an hour , Miguel came back , saw his children sited outside with their books, Nina asked him if he was planning to throw them out of the house by going with the keys ,told them he very so sorry , he simply forgot the keys in his pockets as he was taking the clothes back to their owners ,he opened the door for them and before they could enter the house , Chucho showed asking Miguel to wait before going inside the house .

"Oh no, here comes the thief ." Nina murmured, her father immediately had his hand on her mouth to stop her from saying anything further .

"How are you Mr Chucho ?" Miguel waited for him to get closer .

"Do you mind letting me inside the house ?" Chucho had a handshake with him . " I want us to talk about getting you more washing machines and becoming partners in this business , maybe you've thought about it ."