The Dean's Daughter .

The daughter of the dean of the university happened to have failed the interview , her chance of joining the university her father lead went down the drain , she called her boyfriend Rodrigo to let him know about it ,Rodrigo happened to be a younger professor and a doctor at the same university and an assistant to her father, pleaded to  him to come over ,try to convince her father to do something so that she could be a student at the university.

On a dining table inside Alfonso's house that evening ,Rodrigo seemed not interested in what the Dean's  daughter was telling her dad, he wasn't even of helping in convincing Alfonso to find a way to let her daughter study at the university despite having failed the interview , his eyes were in the kitchen , stretching his neck out for someone who wasn't at the table , Constanza Montealegre was the person his eyes were searching for , Constanza was doctor Alfonso's wife , a professor and a doctor at San Pedro as well , Constanza and Alfonso Montealegre developed a relationship just after the death of the mother of Alfonso's daughter, she'd been the one who had brought up Alfonso's daughter since the age five .

"I think I can do better this time around dad if I happen to get a second chance ,isn't that right Rodrigo ?"  the dean's daughter turn around to Rodrigo who was sited besides her .

"Huh ,what Hurianah?" Rodrigo  absent minded  as he has always been since he came inside the house asked.

"What's wrong Rodrigo ? I brought you here to convince my father since you two work together at the university, your mind seem to be somewhere else!"

"I think I need a glass of water," he'd to excuse himself from all that was going on .

"You can call for Connie in the kitchen ." Alfonso suggested . " She will get you one immediately."

"No I will go and get it myself ."

" All right ."

Rodrigo used the opportunity to go talk to Connie , Connie was a much younger woman  to Prof Alfonso though looked older  to Rodrigo, Connie looked so attractive with her shiny gold braided hairstyle , she had a glossy skin, velvety eyelashes , a dainty nose and a soothing voice , a simple tall woman who knew her place in the house , a woman who has always tried to adjust from a grumpy Hurianah throughout her childhood to her adolescent stage.

"Can I help you with that ?" Rodrigo asked on seeing her trying to put the dishes back inside the cupboard shelves .

"Oh hello!" Connie wasn't expecting him  in the kitchen, " don't worry about it , I've been doing this for a while away from my university work ."

"Am here for a glass of water ."

"I will get you one from the refrigerator ."

"Thank you ." Rodrigo appreciated.

"So how are things between you and Hurianah, you two guys doing well with your relationship right?" she asked.

"Huh ,Hurianah , Hurianah , I don't know ."

"What do you mean by you don't know ? Isn't she your girlfriend?"

"Let's say am confused ."

"Confused! Why is it so?" she asked . " You guys look great together. "

"I could be seeing someone else who is much interesting ."

"Who?"

"She's in here in this kitchen ."

"Huh .......... " Connie became speechless , didn't expect that from Rodrigo , a boyfriend of her daughter.

Before the two could continue with their conversation, Hurianah came to the  kitchen , asked Rodrigo what was taking him so long , Rodrigo was already having a glass of water in his hands ,told her he'd already got the water he was looking for and the two should get back to lounge room to talk to Prof Alifonso , they left the kitchen leaving Connie blushing from what Rodrigo had just told her , Hurianah looked daggers at her , never minded and followed Rodrigo .