At the party

Everyone was invited at the dinner party welcoming a new acting Dean , some like Connie knew that a party like this was to take place at Alfonso's house ,though Alfonso invited her with Rodrigo , she never wanted to go . Rodrigo asked her what the reason was , she told him she didn't know how she could face Hurianah now that she was the lady of the house, back then it was her who used to prepare parties like this for a new professor into the university. Rodrigo convinced her that it would be uncivilized to be invited and turn down the invitation for any lame excuses they were to come up with , later Connie agreed to go , she had her little black low cut dress on , added on her sweet flower lace flat shoes . Rodrigo wore his favorite black suit and later the two were at Alfonso's house . Alfonso came out and and opened the door for them as he had been doing for the rest of the guests who were already inside the house , thanked them for showing up and asked them to come in . Connie asked for where Hurianah was , she wanted to see how she was doing . Alfonso directed her to the kitchen , she walked around to the kitchen looking up to the roof, staring at the walls of the house , felt missing the house ,for Rodrigo and Alfonso joined others around in the lounge room who each and everyone had a glass in his or her hand .

Still admiring the house she used to live in , eventually Connie reached to the kitchen , before she could enter inside , she heard Huria giving orders to the few waitresses they've hired ,telling them where to take the drinks and who to give what to eat . Victor was helping her out with the waitresses .Connie stared at her for a while in admiration , felt like missing everything that used to be hers , the kitchen and it's contents , it used to be her only place of comfort , whenever she could have an argument with Alfonso or Huria , she kept herself cooking or sitting around inside the kitchen ,she decided to come in and said 'Hello' to the both .Victor replied to her but Huria simply ignored her , she kept her attention on a waitresses asking her to add on a drink on a tray then she stepped out with her leaving Victor and Connie inside the kitchen .Victor told Connie not to mind her because she was simply tired from the all the preparations .

In the living room . Alfonso begged for everyone's attention because he had an important announcement before them , asked Ignasia to help him and reduce the volume of the soft music that was playing . Ignasia obeyed him, began by welcoming everyone for showing up and thanking his daughter for organizing a wonderful party , asked Caroline to step forward and stand next to him, as Caroline got off from a couch to stand next to Alfonso . Connie came back from the kitchen and joined Rodrigo, found Alfonso making an announcement . Alfonso told the rest that the lady standing next to him was to be the next dean if results from the election come out not in his favor , the rest in the house applauded her and welcomed her to San Pedro university , as the clapping was fading . Alfonso aloud the music to play loud again , it was time to enjoy themselves and not to be like the short minded people out there who don't see life in other perspectives .

One by one went and congratulated the new acting dean for her position and also welcomed her since she was to be a part of them , for those who were a couple like Connie and Rodrigo came together to congratulate her . On hugging Connie. Caroline wished them well too in their relationship and also wondered why Connie wasn't with Alfonso because she earlier thought the two were husband and wife . Rodrigo told her it was a long story and they were to tell her about it when they get time . Ignasia over heard the conversation that was going among the three about relationships , came and whispered to Caroline when Rodrigo and Connie went to their seats , told her that she should know that Connie was recently married to Alfonso.

"You know the two were happily married till when Connie realized she needed arms of a much younger man around her ."He stammered . "Now look at the poor thing Alfonso in the corner all by himself ." He laughed .