Nina.

At the orange house , before Fiona could get back from the hospital , her sisters had to continue with their lives and that is going to school, their father was responsible for taking them to and from school on a few occasions , on this day while taking her to school . Nina again asked her father for some money for joining a singing contest , a day before in her class , her teacher told the class about an upcoming singing contest and wanted to know whether there were among his pupils who were interested in joining , he didn't give the details but promised to bring forms for them to fill in on the next day , from the motivation Nina got from Ms Glades , thought about it and asked her father for the second time for some money to join the contest . Miguel hadn't walked with cash , asked her why she didn't tell him about the contest earlier .

"Dad you've all been busy worrying about Fiona for the past days , you never took time to listen to me , earlier I talked about this with you but you didn't listen to me."

"Alright , when you come back from school . I'll give you the money ."

At school , the music teacher who helped her practice the song she sang on her brother's baptism ceremony told the class again about the upcoming singing contest , for those who were willing to become stars at a young age had to see him and sign up with him , none of pupils in Nina's class agreed to join in because they believed though they were singing in class , they couldn't take it to another level , only Nina felt moved by this , knew she could sing , she was the only one who went and met the music teacher , the teacher asked her to fill in a form , when done answering the few questions on the form , the teacher told her where to go for auditions on that very evening and also told her to get only eighteen pesos from her parents for registration at the entrance ,also had to make sure when she goes for the auditions , she should go with a relative .

Around 4pm after school , walking all by herself back home . Nina couldn't stop thinking about where she was going to get the eighteen pesos , her parents had spent all the money on her sister's medicine , reaching the house , she knocked on the door , no one came out to open the door , she knocked again and agaain but there was no answer , while stranded there at the door , grandma Theresa came by and asked her what was happening .

"Grandma Theresa , am trying to knock but no one is coming out to open the door , do you know where they went?"

"Ramon came and told me your sister was coming out from the hospital today , maybe everyone went there to meet her , am surprised you didn't know about it , you're the youngest , you should be the first to know about everything going on inside your house ,you also had to be there to bring your sister back home."

"You have no idea grandma Theresa what's going on inside this house , all they care about now is Fiona's well being , can you imagine no one even dared to listen to me when I told them about my upcoming singing contest? I wanted money from my father to join in but he's now no where to be seen. I don't even know whether he has the money, is it okay if you can lend me eighteen pesos ? I promise to pay you from my laundry business."

"Nina . Nina . I think you're such a cony girl but anyway , am going to give you the money but on one condition , and that is , you're going to take me with you for your auditions."

"That's easy grandma Theresa ." Her face lightened up. "In fact . I was asked to go with a relative ,though we're not related yet but your grandson is dating my sister , soon we'll be relatives , so you have all the rights to go with me , let's go." She tapped the old lady by her shoulder. "I could be late by now ."

Nina and grandma Theresa had to hurry to the place where the auditions were taking place , she walked faster compared to the old lady , the old lady couldn't keep up with her speed in her slightly bent posture and imbalanced shoulders , kept on asking her to wait for her as Nina pleaded to her to hurry .