After the Tournament

1/9/19

"I can't believe Yusei actually bet," Jack grumbled, still in slight disbelief, "and he didn't just bet, but he bet the entirety of our savings."

"Yusei did what now?" Judai asked, blinking owlishly at Jack. He'd finally joined back up with them after confirming with the tournament staff that his winnings had been transferred to his brand new bank account, and they were leaving through the back entrance to avoid the crowd.

"To be fair, we needed the money and I had full faith that you'd win," Yusei defended, "So it was a pretty easy decision to make. Now it can sit in a savings account and add up more than it would've before."

"Huh, now that's something I can get behind."

Jack groaned, "No, don't encourage this. Judai, he shouldn't be doing such stupid, idiotic things-"

"It worked though, didn't it?" Judai grinned, "I don't see the problem there, besides... there's no way I'd have lost a duel to any of those guys. And you guys uh, really do need the money." Judai grimaced just thinking about the instant ramen in those cabinets; cheap instant ramen would haunt his stomach for days.

Jack just kept grumbling and was now giving both of them dirty looks.

Judai clapped his hands once they got to the parking garage, "So, Yusei, first order of business - grocery store. Now."

"Okay, okay, I get it," Yusei said, smiling a bit, "I won't subject you to our horrible eating habits anymore. Jack, we'll see you later, got it?"

A grunt was all they got before Jack was speeding out in a white blur.

Judai, unable to hold it back anymore, finally broke down laughing at his antics, "O-oh man, that guy, he's almost exactly like this one guy I used to know- oh man- haha! That was hilarious! He really has a flair for the dramatic!"

"That he does," Yusei agreed, smiling fondly at him. Judai ended up leaning on him while he caught his breath from laughing so hard.

After a minute, Yusei asked quietly, "So, did you have fun?"

Judai looked up at him and grinned, because he could honestly say, "Yeah... yeah, I did. Thanks, Yusei."

His heart pounded in his chest when Yusei smiled down at him and replied, "No problem. I'm just glad you're happy."

"You've got it bad," he heard Yubel smirk in his mind. Even Haou had decided to pitch in with some chuckles.

He cursed both of them and felt like dying of embarrassment when they both just laughed at him more.