Recommendations

7/13/19

"You guys are going to a fair?" Jack asked, evidently overhearing Judai complain about trying to find a good one, "It's not exactly a fair, but the amusement park at the docks is... decent. If you go at a certain time of the week it's got pop-up shops, so it's close enough."

Both Judai and Yusei shared an incredulous look across the room upon hearing this, having the same thought almost simultaneously.

"Jack, you've been to an amusement park?" Judai questioned, raising an eyebrow at him in disbelief, "I did not think that would be your kind of shtick."

"It's not," Jack replied, looking away from them, "I was dragged to it against my will, and it ended up being only slightly horrible instead of utter trash like I expected it to be."

"Uh... huh. I see?" Judai frowned, trying to think of a reason for Jack of all people to go to an amusement park. It definitely didn't seem like his type of place considering all the games and rides, which meant there was some other reason he liked it.

Yusei was the one who came up with it first, stating, "So Carly dragged you there?"

Honestly, Judai felt a little bit embarrassed that he hadn't come up with that immediately. He blamed the increasingly hot weather for frying his brain and making him slow on the uptake for these kinds of things.

"Multiple times," Jack grudgingly admitted, turning on his heel and quickly making his way up to his room, "I don't want to hear it, just figured I'd help. Night, thanks for the food."

"No problem, g'night!" Judai shouted back right before the door closed, blinking at it for a moment before turning and giving Yusei a grin, "Well, that makes life easier. I'll see what days those pop-up shops are there and we'll go on one of them, it can't be bad if Jack of all people is recommending it."

"I'm still trying to process the fact that Carly has managed to convince him to go to an amusement park, multiple times," Yusei said.

Judai laughed at the thought, pulling out his phone and sending off a quick text to Carly to both get the story of how that had happened and what the name of the place was so he could look it up, "I'll ask her, it sounds like a good story. Plus, I'm too lazy to go hunting for the place on the map so I'll just ask her for the name of the place while I'm at it."

"Couldn't you just look up 'amusement park at dock' and find it almost immediately?" Yusei chuckled, clearly amused by his sudden laziness, "Surely there aren't that many that fit the criteria given."

"More than one is too many, Yusei," Judai sighed dramatically, yawning afterwards and flopping back on the couch. If he wasn't careful he'd fall asleep there at this rate, the warm temperature of the apartment being just the right amount to make him tired thanks to the fans blowing in the corners.

"If you want you can go get ready for bed," Yusei mentioned, a soft smile gracing his lips when Judai looked over after opening his eyes again, "I'll be done in a bit, I just want to finish this one thing so I can save it."

"Okay," Judai agreed, forcing himself to get up from the comfortable couch and stretch, "A shower sounds good, now that I think about it. It's too hot now, the weather's too muggy for my liking."

Yusei tilted his head in thought, so Judai waited patiently for him to finish thinking, walking over and brushing some hair out of his face with a tired smile and giving him a quick kiss, being careful not to touch his glasses and leave a smudge on accident. He'd gotten much better at it after a couple weeks, but in the beginning Yusei had started keeping a little microfiber wipe around since he was bad about not touching the lenses with his nose whenever he kissed him.

"See if you can find a day where it's cooler to go on," Yusei eventually said, "I'd rather prioritize that over going on a day with the shops just to make it more like a fair. Either way I get to go with you and that's all I really care about."

Yusei always seemed to know just the words to say to make his heart hurt in fondness, feeling touched by the words, and Judai loved that about him alongside all the other things.