Stars Aligned

2/5/19

Judai grumbled as he slowly came back to wakefulness, huddling a bit closer to the warmth surrounding him. This was easily the safest and most relaxed he'd felt in a long time, and-

Wait, why was it so nice and warm?

He blearily cracked open his eyes, the bottom corner of his vision partially obscured by black hair, before jolting fully awake. He barely noted that his heart had started pounding fast as he turned his head to stare owlishly at Yusei, who was still sleeping and blissfully unaware of Judai's increasingly frantic thoughts.

Right, he'd woken up, told Yusei to go to bed, then next thing he knew he was pulled onto the couch and strong-armed into being the other's stuffed animal. How the hell had he managed to fall asleep again like this?! He couldn't even move at this point without accidentally waking Yusei up, and that was the last thing he wanted to do at this point since he seriously needed his sleep. A quick glance at the clock told him it was coming up on one o'clock in the afternoon, so that was what, six and a half hours?

Yeah, he needed at least that last half hour to make it an even seven. Judai felt like dying internally at this point, half an hour was going to be forever at this rate-

Okay, no, deep breaths. He slowly managed to relax over the next few minutes, not quite managing to fully relax but at least he wasn't rigid in shock anymore.

He gulped and took another deep breath before opening his eyes again and turning to look back at Yusei. He couldn't see much of his face at all, considering it was buried in his neck (which kind-of tickled now that he thought about it), but he could see little bits of his left eye and the tip of the triangle part of his marker.

Before doing anything else he quickly checked up on Haou and Yubel and- yup, they were both walled-off. Clearly they'd had their laughs already and were now giving him some privacy, thank the gods and the stars above.

Softly, he brushed aside the strands of hair obscuring Yusei's face, giving him a better view of the side of it. He chewed on his lip in nervousness as he contemplated about what he was thinking of doing, emotions swirling like a storm inside him; he really had fallen hard for Yusei, hadn't he?

With one last deep breath, Judai placed a quick kiss on the other's cheek, just below where the little triangle of his marker was placed. It was soft, quick, and soundless, but it made him feel giddy regardless.

Suddenly he was staring into half-lidded, shining blue eyes and a set of lips was pressing eagerly into his. Before he could even register what was happening, his eyes had closed naturally and he was already pressing back, his free hand moving up to grip at the other's upper arm. After a few seconds they pulled apart, Judai barely remembering to open his eyes back up now that his heart was back to pounding rapidly - his breath felt like it'd been stolen away.

Their foreheads were still touching, soft breaths bouncing off each other's lips as they stared into each other's eyes. Judai felt his face burn red, unable to tear his gaze away - not that he wanted to in the first place. Yusei's eyes seemed like they were sparkling to him, a brilliant blue he could stare into for days without getting tired of seeing them.

"Judai," Yusei breathed, reaching up a hand to brush the hair away from his face with just as much gentleness as Judai had used earlier. Soon enough he cupped his face, leaning back in for another kiss - this time a much softer one that lasted much longer. At some point Yusei had moved so he was fully on top so he had a better angle, their fingers twining together without much thought having to be put into it. When they finally pulled apart again both were sporting flushed faces, though they both seemed to be much more relaxed.

"I love you," Judai whispered, squeezing their hands together tighter as a small smile found its way onto his face. He let out a little noise of surprise as he was suddenly pulled up and forwards so he was sitting on Yusei's lap instead, legs on either side of him.

"I love you too," Yusei said, his smile slowly turning into a silly grin as he let go of his hands to wrap around his waist instead. With a soft laugh Judai reached his arms up around his neck so he could pull him down slightly and kiss him again. He felt like he was going to burst from happiness, finally being able to act on his feelings and have them returned.

After a few minutes Yusei paused, looking at him with a teasing grin, "Are you crying?"

"S-shut up- I'm not crying, I'm just really happy right now!" Judai laughed, barely managing to keep a pout on his face for a second before he broke out into a beaming smile again. Truth was he was tearing up a little bit from all these emotions hitting him at once, but considering they were all happy ones it wasn't that bad.

Yusei chuckled, bringing a hand up and wiping the few tears away from the corners of his eyes before leaning down to pepper Eskimo kisses all over his face, making him laugh more.

"Y'know, I think that's the best sleep I've ever gotten in my life," Yusei said, pulling Judai back into a relaxed hug. Judai hummed in agreement, resting his head on his shoulder before pausing in thought and bringing his head back up.

"Yeah, and I think that's the most I've ever been manhandled in my life!" Judai stated, pouting while struggling not to laugh, "You're bossy when you're tired, damn."

Yusei raised his eyebrows at him in response, "Bossy? It's not my fault you were basically a walking heater at the time, and you're too cute to resist hugging you. Whatever was I supposed to do in that case?"

Judai gave him a playful glare before realizing what he'd said, his face heating up as he buried his face back into his shoulder while Yusei laughed at him once more. He swore he'd get him back for that one soon, very soon.

In the meantime though... his stomach growled, and he looked sheepishly up at blue eyes filled with mirth.

"...How's food sound?" Judai asked.

Yusei just hummed in response, and suddenly Judai found himself being pulled back into another round of kisses.