How to Make Jack Clean 101

4/30/19

As Yusei had come to learn and mention many times before, a silent Judai was a very, very terrifying Judai.

And right now, he was silent. Simply staring blankly at the kitchen, taking in the sight of ash strewn across it with little pictures of various duel monsters carved in the counter and floor at random places. Almost idly, he brought one of his arms up to look at the layer covering his sleeves, his head barely moving to do so.

From his position at the top of the stairs, hiding slightly behind the railing with Crow, Yusei saw Jack look on from the middle of the living room below, a nervous look slowly starting to crawl its way onto his face. He shared a look with Crow in slight awe, since before this they'd never seen anyone but Martha be able to draw out that look from him.

Jack must've known he was in some deep shit.

A few minutes passed with no one moving, though from the slight tilts of the head Judai made Yusei could tell that he was talking with Haou and Yubel right now. Eventually though, Judai cracked the tiniest of grins and Yusei relaxed slightly, knowing that whatever came next was going to be hilarious, at least for him and Crow.

Judai pulled out his phone calmly, pulling up the camera app and taking pictures of the kitchen; from his position, his phone was just out of Jack's view, so Jack couldn't have known what he was doing - he probably suspected it, but wasn't going to move to confirm it, that was for sure. He started typing away on it after taking some satisfactory shots, though he was too far away for Yusei to be able to tell what he was doing.

Soon enough he'd put his phone away, turning around with a small smile as if he hadn't just done something suspicious, and brushing past Jack on his way across the living room and over to the stairs. He nodded to Crow before tugging Yusei with him to their room; Yusei easily abided, raising his eyebrow slightly at him in curiosity at how he continued to stay silent, even when Judai closed and locked the door behind them.

"Shhh, just wait," Judai whispered softly into his ear, pulling him back towards the door with a full-blown smirk on his face now that they were alone. He held up his phone for Yusei to look at in the meantime, showing him what he'd done while motioning for him to lean one ear against the door to listen.

Yusei must have given him one hell of an amused look, because Judai's eyes lit up immediately at his reaction, his smirk growing even wider. He nodded and let Judai put his phone away, leaning against the door next to him with his own little grin forming as they waited.

A phone rang out on the other side, and from the ringtone he could tell that it was Jack's cellphone. They listened intently as the ringing stopped, indicating that he'd answered it.

"...Carly?" Jack's voice came through, slightly muffled but still just loud enough to make out the words, "I-"

"Jack Atlas, have you no shame? You know you're no good at anything other than riding duel runners, why in the world did you try to upgrade it by yourself?! Not just that, but why is it in your kitchen?! How do you even manage that?" Carly's voice rang out loud and clear despite being on the phone, which said more about the situation than anything else, really. She cut off any attempts Jack made with an ease brought about from interviewing many, many people, berating him and telling him that she was coming over tomorrow - something that was a surprise to Jack judging from the slightly panicked yell that came from him as a response.

Wait, had no one told Jack that Carly was coming over? Oops. At least it was being used now as leverage by Carly to get Jack to clean the entire downstairs for them.

"I'll help him out later, I'd feel bad if I left it all to him since it Haou was at fault too," Judai muttered, pulling away from the door with a satisfied grin before starting to tug at his dirty clothes with a sigh, "Anyway, right now I need a shower. Can't believe they continued to wrestle and play around in ash of all things, couldn't they have like... not done that? I expected better from Haou, at least."

"It was entertaining to watch, at least," Yusei replied with a smile, taking Judai's jacket from him when he pulled it off and putting it on the desk chair for now, "I'll start up the washer while you're in there, you probably want your jacket back sooner rather than later."

Judai hummed, pausing for a moment to turn to him with a thoughtful look before grinning and pulling him into a hug, getting ash all over Yusei as well, "Oh no, looks like you're dirty too - guess you'll just have to shower with me."

Judai was seriously going to be the end of him one day, especially if he kept making Yusei flustered like this all the time.