Meeting Haou

1/29/19

"So basically, you're his reincarnation, you've taken up his previous title of 'Supreme King of Darkness', and can use the Gentle Darkness because of him."

"...Yeah. There's more, but that's a story for another time," Judai mumbled, rambling on for a bit more, "I know you said something about having to purge darkness from this world, but the Gentle Darkness is... different in nature. It's like your light, in that it's meant to fight against evil in the right hands, in this case the evil being the Light of Destruction. It corrupted people and controlled them, like what the uh... Earthbound Immortals, right? What the Earthbound Immortals did to the Dark Signers you had to face. When they lost their grip on their hosts, they ended up just taking over instead."

Yusei hummed in thought, "It's a bit like yin and yang, isn't it? You need a bit of both to keep the balance. Besides, you're all in your right minds and in control of your powers now, so that's what really matters." He smiled softly at Judai, who relaxed slightly before smiling back.

"Well, I should probably let him out now. We usually switch for a day anyways every month or so, so it can just be today. I'm going to go take a nice, long mental nap in the mean time!" Judai said, sitting up straight in his chair before looking Yusei in the eye. "Warning you now, he's like, way more monotone than me and isn't the most talkative person ever, so don't be surprised by that."

At that Yubel snorted from where she was floating idly nearby and had occasionally been throwing in her two cents, "They'll get along just fine, they're both stoic as hell and nothing seems to phase them much."

"Stoic...?" Yusei frowned slightly in confusion, pointing questioningly at himself. Both Judai and Yubel raised their eyebrows, responding with a deadpan stare.

"Yeah, okay, I'm switching now. Talk to you later Yusei!" Judai stated, giving him one last smile before closing his eyes for a few seconds.

When they opened again, they were a pure gold that stared piercingly wherever they gazed. Yusei watched with growing intrigue as his entire body seemed to change in slight ways; his posture was stiffer, his face was slightly sterner and held a serious look that greatly contrasted how laid-back Judai generally seemed to be, and when he talked, Haou's voice was indeed significantly more monotone and as a result, slightly lower than Judai's usually sounded.

"So, we finally meet," Haou mused, holding out his hand for Yusei to shake, "I am Haou."

"Yusei," he responded, shaking his hand firmly and eliciting an approving look from Haou. Haou hummed, taking a moment to look around the room before standing up and stretching his arms up into the air.

The golden-eyed king blinked lazily for a few moments before sharing a look with Yubel and smirking.

"Judai walled off both our connections," he hummed, and suddenly Yusei had two sets of eyes staring intently at him. He blinked nervously at the expressions, tilting his head slightly in confusion.

"That means we can finally embarrass the crap out of him!" Yubel cackled, moving closer to where they were sitting, "Young boy, you are about to get so much blackmail material on Judai, so listen well!"

"E-Eh?!" Yusei stuttered, looking at them wide-eyed in shock. Haou's eyes were positively glinting with mischief, a small smirk staying on his face as he chuckled lowly before gesturing for Yusei to come with him to the kitchen.

"Before that, I'd appreciate more tea, as well as food. I only get to eat every once in a while after all," he said, leaving no room for argument as he spun on his heels quickly, causing his jacket to flare out regally somehow.

Yusei wasn't sure if Judai had simply forgotten about this side of them, had never seen it, or was just completely wrong about their personalities, because the second Judai was out of the picture in all ways, they'd gotten much more lively. Then again, maybe it was because of Judai being gone - they'd probably never had the chance to embarrass him in front of another person before without him knowing; from how they were acting it was like they were his older siblings, or even parents.

Thank the stars he was good at going with the flow, as this next day was sure to be chaotic with Haou and Yubel around.