More Tournament News

4/27/19

Yusei'd fallen asleep after an hour or so of cuddling up inside the blankets, so Judai was careful not to wake him up as he maneuvered him to be lying down in his lap - if he'd stayed sitting up like that and leaning on Judai for too much longer, his back and neck would've been in some serious pain when he woke up, and Judai preferred not having that happen since the poor guy deserved any nap he could get. As it was, he'd managed to move both of them over slightly so he himself could lean back against the pillows while browsing his phone for anything interesting, the cool air continuing to come in and the sound of the rain making him fully relax once he'd settled.

He played with Yusei's hair softly while he browsed, scrolling past news articles about irrelevant things on his feed before finally coming across interesting to him - a Tag-Duel Tournament, and not an online one this time. He looked over the description and the prizes, noting that they seemed to be a mix of both prize-money and card packs for the most part. The champion team would get essentially get bragging rights alongside a bit of extra money to make up for not getting more card packs than anyone else in the top ten teams.

He'd have to talk to Yusei about it. Yusei had said that he'd be happy to duel with him in a Tag-Duel Tournament, so that wasn't the problem - the problem was that he wasn't sure if the other had any schedule conflicts. The tournament was set for around mid-June, and Judai knew that Yusei's work had slowly been starting to pick up the pace again; he wouldn't be surprised if Yusei had something going on that day with work, like a meeting or... something.

Admittedly, Judai had never actually had a job where stuff like that happened, so he was just going off what he'd been told by Yusei about it so far. He was a wanderer, thus any jobs he had taken were temporary and pretty much only lasted a week at most unless he was hunting down a possible duel spirit in the area. Point is, he was never required to go to any meetings or really even meet deadlines since he was mainly cooking and beyond the initial 'Here's how you make this and this in this establishment!' he wasn't required to check in for stuff like that. Even now with Edo, he was simply called in and did his job, no meetings required.

"You never have been conventional, dear," Yubel mused, and Judai hummed quietly with a smile at the pride that she emitted.

"Life would be too boring if I was," Judai replied softly, having the chance to since no one else was around to listen besides Yusei, who was still asleep under his hand in his lap.

Haou didn't say anything, but in the back of his mind Judai felt him agree with the sentiment - he wouldn't have become Supreme King if he were conventional, after all.

"Oh, also," Yubel said, blinking in remembrance, "Don't forget, if you do end up dueling you'll need that cover story ready. You'd be using Neo-Spacians in a Tag-Duel with Yusei, no doubt about it."

That... that was very true, actually. Because of the way the deck worked, Neos had a practically limitless amount of monsters he could fuse with, so it was a shoe-in for Tag-Duels. Plus, Judai could already think of a few ways his monsters could be used by Yusei for Synchro-Summoning and vice-versa.

Guess getting Carly to come over and help them finally make that cover story for everything was getting pushed to number one on the list of things he needed to make happen, and soon.

He bookmarked the page for later, shoving his current line of thought aside for later when Yusei was awake. For now though he kept scrolling, fully enjoying the weather and occasionally taking the time to simply admire Yusei's peaceful sleeping face.