Okay Now We're Actually In VR

1/21/19

"Yusei? Hey! Over here!"

Yusei turned to where he heard his name being called and was confronted with an excited Judai. He'd only just spawned in, getting through the initial tutorial before finally arriving in the beginner city. The beginner city was filled with magitechnology, powered by whatever magic this world had there were bright colors everywhere; a true fantasy world filled with duel monsters.

"You weren't waiting long, were you?" Yusei asked, walking over to where the brown-haired duelist was practically vibrating in anticipation. He had to admit, he was pretty excited too - everything looked so real in this place, and he swore he could feel the breeze as it passed by. Maybe he'd have to look into how all this stuff works someday and branch out from technical machinery.

"Naw, I just got here a few seconds before you did! Anyway, do you see this?! It's so cool! We gotta go explore!" Judai exlaimed, grabbing Yusei's arm and dragging him down the road. Before they could get too far, Yusei pulled him back to a stop, unperturbed by suddenly being dragged and instead focused on a text box that had appeared in front of him.

"Wait, we should probably do the beginning quest line first. It says we can do tag duels together if we party up so that we unlock all the other game features at the same time," he said, smiling over at Judai who had already started figuring out how to make a party. While that was happening, Winged Kuriboh and Quillbolt Hedgehog suddenly appeared out of thin air and happily ran into their partners.

"Yusei! It really is true, we can enter here and interact with stuff. This is going to be fun!" Quillbolt said, nuzzling himself into Yusei when the raven-haired duelist picked him up off the ground. He felt like he was holding a huge stuffed animal as he looked down at the duel monster in his arms. Meanwhile, Winged Kuriboh had quickly taken up his spot atop Judai's head like usual, purring when Judai reached up to pet him a bit.

Soon enough a party invitation popped up in front of him, and he accepted it after adjusting Quillbolt onto one arm so he could use the other. He was just glad you couldn't get tired in this place so his arm wasn't going to die from carrying him around all the time - he was a little too big to put on his head, after all. That, and he wasn't getting stabbed by the screws in his back, which was fantastic.

"Okay, so where do we go for the quest?" Judai asked, calming down ever-so slightly now that it'd been a few minutes since their arrival. Yusei suspected that having Winged Kuriboh on his head was a part of it, however.

"It that we have to go defeat a pair of Naturia Cherries who've been playing pranks on people just outside the town," Yusei replied, pulling up his quest log and quickly getting a handle on all the different menus and options, "After we win the duel, we go and turn in the quest to a guard NPC in the town."

"Sweet! Now we can go, right?!"

Yusei nodded, smiling fondly at how quick Judai was to grab his free arm and start dragging him along again, though this time in the direction of the quest marker. Sometimes it was hard to remember that Judai was older than him by a year or so...

"What attribute deck did you pick to start with? I picked the earth type structure deck to match with Quillbolt," Yusei asked, idly going through all the different menu screens while taking in the town.

"I picked the light attribute one to match with Winged Kuriboh. We should probably go over them and figure out how well they'll work together for now..." Judai replied, summoning his deck out of thin air and starting to go through it, leaning over to compare it to Yusei's when he summoned his as well, though as a deck-list pop-up text box instead seeing as his arms were being occupied.

And thus they headed out into the forest, arms linked as they made strategies for the upcoming tag duels they'd face.