Beginning of Chaos

3/9/19

"You finished typing up those hints?" Judai asked, carefully adding the finishing touches to what he was working on.

"Yup, starting to print them now," Yusei replied, the printer next to him whirring to life right after.

"Good, because they're finally starting to get closer," Judai said, rolling up his little project and adding it to the pile of others next to him before starting again, "I'd say we have about ten minutes at this point to set this up and get out of here, and that's assuming that they're all coming together. I'm ninety-nine percent sure that Johan doesn't know I can sense him since I never told him, but you can never be too sure."

"Here, pass me the first one and I'll set it up," Yusei said, gesturing for one of the mini-scrolls with one hand and grabbing the roll of tape with the other. Judai obliged, passing one to him with a shadow so he didn't slow down in making more.

"Y'know, this isn't really a prank now that I think about it," Judai mused, "but then again, an actual prank probably would've been too mean. I've been gone for a long time for them, hell they probably thought I was dead or something."

"That's the point, though," Yusei pointed out, finishing the set-up the second the printer finished its queue and starting to cut those up as needed, "This reminds them of what you're like while not hurting them in the process."

"True!" Judai laughed, tying the last bit of paper and dumping it on top of the pile, "Alright, done! You got the camera set up?"

"That was the first thing I did, remember?" Yusei replied with a smile before handing him a slip of paper, "Here, go do with it whatever it was you were going to do - you never told me what to do with the hints."

Judai happily took it before hiding it under the coffee table with tape holding it up, "I'm just hiding them. In every scroll I wrote that they were hidden in relatively obvious places, but since I don't actually know where I'm going to hide them until we get there I had to keep it generic."

"It works at least," Yusei shrugged, putting away the pile of scrolls and hints into a box and a folder so he could shove them into a bag along with his laptop, "Now come on, do your thing with the camera and materialize the spirits you wanted and let's get out of here."

Judai hummed in agreement, quickly doing his part in hiding the camera by manipulating the shadows around it a bit to obscure it from onlookers; the great part about this was that it didn't block the camera since it was really more illusion than anything else, and because it was more illusion it meant Judai didn't have to be present to keep a hold on it like he would if he were manipulating the actual shadows themselves.

"Alright, time to get this show on the road!" Judai grinned, focusing for a second and reaching out for a few duel spirits before they suddenly appeared in front of him with a cheer.

"So you can do it without a duel disk," Yusei noted, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, though I wasn't lying when I said the duel disk helps reduce the energy cost significantly. It's just that for these guys it doesn't take much to keep them here in the first place because they're lower in level," Judai replied, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly before turning back to his duel spirits, "You guys know the plan! And remember, if you need to de-materialize, just send your intent through the energy link before you break it."

He got a multitude of nods in response before they all scattered to go get in position to do their part. Quickly he turned around and nodded to Yusei that he was ready, catching the jacket that was once again tossed his way. Why had he taken it off in the first place again?

Oh right, the sleeves kept getting in his way and he didn't want to ruin them. It was a jacket he'd gotten from Yusei, after all, and therefore it was one of his most important possessions.

"You wear the backpack," Yusei said, handing him said backpack, "You're the one without anyone behind them, after all."

Judai put on the backpack quickly before doing a quick glance around the room to double-check that everything was good, "Alright, let's go! Damn we make a great team, look at what we managed to do in twenty minutes."

"That we do," Yusei agreed, following behind Judai as he eagerly ran out the door. Judai waited for him to tape the little note they'd made to the door before they escaped to the parking garage with Yusei's bike in it without locking the door behind them.

As they turned left in the opposite direction of where his friends were coming from, Judai let out a whoop in success, "We left just in time! They just turned the corner that gives sight of the apartment building!"

"We have to go faster then if we want to make sure we have enough time at every place," Yusei mused, "Alright, hold on tight."

"We goin' fast?!" Judai asked excitedly, feeling the adrenaline slowly start to kick in.

"Yup."

That was all the warning he got before they suddenly doubled their speed, and he cheered happily at the adrenaline rush it gave him despite the jerk forward it also caused.

This was already so worth it.