Ordering Food

6/20/19

Yusei rapidly blinked his eyes, feeling the eye-drops work as his eyes suddenly became significantly less itchy than before.

"I really don't like contacts," he complained, sighing as he listened to Judai laugh quietly from the bed in the room.

"I told you, you should've brought your glasses so you could take out them out if your eyes started bothering you," Judai said, and he was right on all accounts because he had told him to bring his glasses. He, of course, hadn't wanted to deal with putting the contacts back in, even if he was much better at doing it now - what he hadn't counted on was the fact that he wasn't used to wearing them for such a long time yet.

Once he could see well enough, Yusei made his way over to the bed next to him and laid down, flopping back onto the sheets and replying, "Yeah, I know. Lesson learned, I suppose."

Right as Judai started to reply, Yusei felt his stomach give off a little growl that he knew Judai would've heard loud and clear; his face warmed slightly in embarrassment as he looked up to find Judai grinning down at him right above his face, one hand poking lightly at his stomach in jest.

"Hungry much?" Judai chirped, though to Yusei's absolute delight, his stomach also growled right then. Now Judai was the one looking sheepish while Yusei raised an eyebrow at him in amusement.

"Hungry much?" Yusei repeated back, laughing at the pouty glare he got in response, "Do we have leftovers from the other night?"

"I think so - if we don't, we can just order something. I don't feel like cooking right now," Judai stated, the idea of getting food seeming to wipe away the effects of being teased, "Actually, even if we do have leftovers, I'm really feeling up to some crappy take-out pizza with all of its oily goodness. Something about it is just appealing right now."

"Same," Yusei agreed, grabbing the hand that'd been poking him and threading their fingers together, "Maybe it's just 'cause we're tired."

"Oh, it definitely is," Judai nodded, adjusting himself so he could lie down next to him and cuddle for a bit while he brought out his phone and started typing away to try and find the best place to order from, "I don't know about you, but all the required talking and stuff is just mentally draining."

"Pretty much - oh, don't do that place. It's the bad kind of crappy."

"Ah. What about this one?"

"Eh... it's decent."

"...And this one?"

"Decent, too."

Judai turned his head and stared at him after that, and he blinked back in confusion.

"Did you guys eat take-out a lot? I thought you were a bunch of ramen-hoarding fanatics, not pizza-ordering fanatics," Judai asked, raising his eyebrows slowly for emphasis.

"We couldn't just eat ramen, obviously," Yusei pointed out, "Pizza just happened to be something we could order a lot of easily."

"I guess that's true," Judai sighed, shrugging to himself for a moment in acceptance of the answer before going back to scrolling through the browser results, "How about this?"

"That one's good," Yusei said, letting Judai put in what he wanted before helping him put in everyone else's orders - he already knew how Crow and Jack liked their pizza, after all, so he could just quickly put that in before changing up his own order a little to try new things. Judai had helped him a lot with trying new foods, after all, and he had a far better idea of what his favorite kinds of foods were at this point, so he could adjust accordingly.

"...Wait," Yusei stated, stopping Judai before he could finish placing it now that all the information they'd needed to enter was in. He'd had a sudden thought, and it was enough of a hassle that he wanted to avoid it altogether, "Put Crow as the one ordering."

"Why?" Judai questioned with a slight frown, though he did as Yusei said and switched the order name to Crow's.

"Because then we can make him answer the door," Yusei replied, tugging Judai a bit closer so he could hug him better, "What if a fan or something ended up being sent, I'd rather avoid that conversation."

Judai stared at him with wide eyes, blinking at the realization as well before grinning and giving him a quick kiss, "You smart, smart man. Good catch!"

Yusei hummed, pulling him back into a deeper kiss the second the order was placed and enjoying the little surprised squeak Judai made as a result. First he got to win a tournament with Judai, and now he got to relax and have a bit of fun with him before getting food?

Today was a very good day.