Glasses

6/9/19

Through some sort of miracle, Judai had not only gotten the details for the eye doctor from Sho that night, but also managed to schedule an appointment for the next day.

Don't ask Yusei how he did it, he honestly didn't know. But soon enough he was walking out with two pairs of glasses at mid-day, with Judai following happily behind him after being allowed to choose the frame for them. One was for outdoors use, with an automatic shader based on sunlight, while the other was for when he was at home on his laptop - it had a blue light filter on it, something he hadn't even known existed, and it would apparently help minimize the strain on his eyes from staring at a screen all day.

"Can I just say that it's really cool that they can just... churn out lenses for glasses now, right on the spot?" Judai said excitedly as Yusei drove them back home, "I remember Sho used to always complain about having to wait for new glasses to come in whenever his broke, but now they have the technology to just make it! Super cool, dude!"

"I'm glad it's not like that anymore, I'm admittedly interested to see how these filters work and I wouldn't have liked to have to wait," Yusei replied, "We still have to wait for the contacts, though."

"True," Judai shrugged, tightening his grip on his waist in the process, "At least we were right about your vision not being very bad at all, so you can still ride your bike until they come in."

Yusei hummed in agreement, and they fell into a peaceful silence for the rest of the ride back home. Once they'd returned and gotten settled back in, though, they were quick to pull out the indoors pair of glasses and test them out.

"So? You can read the clock now from all the way over there, huh?" Judai grinned, standing next to the desk and under said clock while Yusei stood in the same spot as the night before when he'd been checking his sight.

"I can," Yusei smiled, taking in the sharp, defined edges of everything - the numbers on the clock, the outer edges of everything, it all was detailed and visible to him. It was such a stark contrast to what he usually saw that he could hardly believe he hadn't noticed that his vision was going bad earlier.

Now that he could, of course, he also took a moment to study Judai without the other being able to tell where exactly he was looking. The fluffy brown hair, maroon jacket, and jeans all combined together in a way he realized he hadn't been able to truly appreciate from afar before, and he smiled wider at the sight.

Upon walking over so he could sit and see how his screen would look with the blue light filter, Judai turned his chair towards him and leaned close, trapping him in-between his arms that rested on the chair arms. Neither said anything as Judai stared at him, eyes flickering over his face with an appreciative glint while Yusei slowly heated up from the proximity despite neither of them actually touching.

"...I was right, you are cute with glasses," Judai eventually said, voice slightly husky and making Yusei's heart flutter at the tone.

"I would hope I look good, you were the one who picked the frames for me for a reason," Yusei replied, though it ended up being more of a murmur due to how lowly he'd responded. He was starting to get too flustered to be able to speak normally, especially when Judai leaned his weight onto one arm so he could bring the other up to gently push his hair out of his face, fingers ghosting lightly over his cheek.

"I picked a little too well, it seems," Judai breathed, leaning down close enough that his breath lightly fogged up his glasses while taking cupping his chin and tilting his head up and to the side lightly, "You're a little too irresistible for me right now."

He ended up having to test the filter later, much later, because heated kisses and continued praises from Judai was all Yusei could really focus on at the moment.