Sleep Is Important

3/23/19

Yusei blinked tiredly as he took his headset off and set it to the side of the bed, glancing over at Judai who was doing the same as well. They'd been playing a lot of the game recently, considering Judai's enthusiasm when it came to working on their guild, but today they'd played for much longer than they usually did.

"Jeez, I swear I didn't feel so tired two seconds ago," Judai said next to him, leaning into his side instinctively.

Yusei cracked a grin at this, even though he was just as tired as Judai seemed to be - he'd not slept too much the night beforehand as he was working on work-stuff that had to get done. His work load had been picking up more in the past few days and while it was a good thing in the end, since it meant that things were finally moving beyond the preliminary stages for the reactor, it also meant more deadlines and work to be done.

This of course, meant less sleep when he took into account the hours he spent playing games and hanging out with Judai instead of catching up on lost sleep. Yusei may have been used to it before Judai came, but now that he'd gotten to have a decent sleep schedule for once for about a month now, he was really regretting having to go back to it. He very much liked being able to have his time sleeping with the man he loved, thank you very much.

"You know you don't feel tired in-game," Yusei reminded, leaning back into Judai and wrapping his arms around him. He could feel his eyes start to droop the second he let his head rest on Judai's - when was the last time he'd been this tired, again?

Right, that one night right before they got together. He'd been so tired that he'd somehow gained the confidence needed to pull Judai down to sleep with him, which thankfully lead to them waking up and confessing to each other, but still - point was he was feeling nearly as tired as the last time he'd pulled an all-nighter working.

"Wanna just go to sleep?" Judai asked, voice muffled due to the fact he was burying his head into Yusei's shoulder again.

Yusei hummed happily in affirmation, glad that they'd already changed into their sleepwear before they'd logged-in since they knew they'd be playing the rest of the day. He pulled Judai down lazily onto the bed, pulling the sheets back and throwing them over so they could get inside. He let out a relaxed sigh as the sheets settled on top of them, pulling Judai closer and giving him a sleepy kiss on the cheek before closing his eyes.

"...You doin' okay, Yusei?" Judai asked quietly, and Yusei felt him wriggle a hand up and out of his grasp and bring it up to cup his face lightly; the thumb traced softly underneath his eyes, following the very faint lines of sleep exhaustion he knew were there.

"Tired," Yusei mumbled, blearily cracking his eyes open a bit so he could look at Judai, "Work's been picking up a lot recently, y'know." Judai was looking at him with a slightly worried frown, thumb continuing to trace his eyes softly as he studied his face.

"When did you finally get to sleep last night? You were still typing away when I fell asleep," Judai asked.

Yusei thought for a moment before answering, "I think three o'clock?"

Judai sighed at that, poking him in the forehead roughly in response, "Dumbass, why didn't you tell me? We could've slept in easily enough this morning, you know I wouldn't have minded at all. You need to get more than four hours of sleep."

"I'm still not used to a regular sleep schedule," Yusei admitted, rubbing his forehead where Judai had poked him. Did he have to do it so harshly? Maybe he just didn't realize how hard he'd poked him.

"Well get used to it," Judai said, giving him a determined glare, "We're going to sleep-in in the morning, then you're going to do your work, and then we're going to take a break from doing all our stuff and just relax, got it? If you have stuff to do or if you're too tired to do something, just tell me from now on, okay? I'm not going to be upset with you for being tired, silly."

"Okay, sorry," Yusei said, giving him a tired smile, "I'll tell you from now on."

"Thank you," Judai replied, finally breaking into a soft smile and kissing him gently, "Now come on, let's sleep."

Yusei really had a lot to thank Judai for, and really, it only made him fall in love with him even more.