Wings

7/9/19

Judai eventually found a place he thought would work well, as well as a second and third one just in case it didn't - he was pretty sure it'd work out just fine, though, and he wasn't very worried about it at all. Yusei double-checked his directions after dinner, inputting the addresses into his phone in case they needed to pull them up quickly.

"We should walk there," Judai suggested, pointing at the map location while they sat on the couch and waited for the sun to fully set, "Way less of a chance that someone will see us if we do."

"I was about to suggest that," Yusei replied, pecking him on the cheek with a small smile, "Guess we're on the same page, here."

"I think we're both just good at keeping ourselves hidden when we want to be," Judai chuckled, earning a snort from the other before he let out a yelp at being dragged down into Yusei's lap.

"Take a nap or something, we've got another hour at least thanks to the summer time," Yusei said, not letting him go when he struggled halfheartedly to get back up.

Judai rolled his eyes at the satisfied smirk he saw when he relented and stretched out his legs on the couch, grabbing onto the arm in front of him and hugging it. He wasn't tired in the slightest, but he wasn't going to complain about this, especially since Yusei was quick to start playing with his hair with the single free hand he had.

Soon enough it was dark enough for their liking, and after some quick goodbyes to Crow and Jack, they walked hand-in-hand down the lit-up streets to the park Judai had picked out. There were lots of people milling about still, but they stuck towards the edges of the sidewalks and cut through alleyways, which let them stay out of sight for the most part. The park was empty when they got to it as well, by some stroke of luck, so they ended up not having to check out the other possible places as well.

"Alright, stand back a little bit," Judai stated once they were safely hidden by a plethora of surrounding trees and shadows, "It's been a little while since I last did this, so hopefully wings are the only things that come out and not the claws as well. I might accidentally shove too much power into it and the last thing I want to do is accidentally stab you with knife fingers."

Yusei nodded, heeded his warning easily as he walked a few feet away in front of him, though not without wondering, "Do you need to take off your jacket and shirt or anything? Wouldn't the wings tear right through it?"

"Nah, that's the great thing about these," Judai grinned, pausing for a moment for dramatic effect before channeling Yubel's powers and letting the wings fold out elegantly behind him, "Clothes go right through them, it's as if they don't exist to each other. It's physical in most other ways, though." Luckily no claws appeared as well, though Judai could feel them wanting to - he'd put just a bit too much into the transformation, it seemed, though as long as he kept pushing any excess energy from this to his wings he shouldn't sprout anymore modified body parts.

Yusei marveled at the sight of them, coming back to his side almost instantly after he gave him the 'okay' to come back and asking, "I can touch them, right?"

"Go ahead," Judai replied, slowly spreading the wing closest to Yusei out so he could feel along all of it. It was a nice feeling to have his wings touched like that and he hummed a pleased noise as Yusei took his time to fully observe both of his wings.

"Spread them out fully, I want to see what your full wing span looks like," Yusei said, stepping back a few steps so he could see all of it.

Judai did so, highly amused by how Yusei had slipped back into research mode and was starting to be slightly demanding as he usually did in that mindset. He chuckled at how cute the other's reaction to seeing his wings spread out fully looked, especially when he flapped them hard once and startled him slightly, which jolted him out of his thoughts.

"Cute, gearhead," Judai grinned, walking up to him and interrupting whatever Yusei was about to respond with by sweeping him off his feet bridal style. He relished the the flustered, wide-eyed look Yusei gave him in the moment as he scrambled to wrap his arms around his neck for balance, smiling down at him cheekily and continuing, "We came out here to fly, yeah? So let's fly."