Crunch Time Beforehand

3/14/19

"Ah, Dandylion just broke the connection," Judai hummed, quickly washing out a huge amount of rice in a pot before filling it with water and shoving it into the rice cooker, "Means we've got roughly thirty minutes or so to get this mostly done - that was a smart idea to make the last place on the complete opposite side of the city."

Yusei hummed as well in acknowledgement, relegated once again to vegetable-chopping duty as he cut them them much faster and cleanly than he had the first time they'd cooked together, "We're a good team."

"That we are," Judai grinned, whisking together a few things after leaving a pot of water to start boiling on the stove, "Pass the carrots, please." He pecked Yusei on the cheek in thanks when he leaned over to dump the carrots on his cutting mat, getting a small smile as his reward.

After a few minutes, they both had finished with their respective duties and were now just waiting for the water to boil, which was going to take up most of their waiting time. Judai glanced over at Yusei, who had tilted his head towards him with a questioning look about what to do next.

"Well, I'd say we have time for a bit of fun," Judai said, feeling one of his 'foxy' grins start to take over his face, as Yusei liked to call it.

Yusei raised his eyebrows at him with an exasperated look, replying, "Really? Not that I'm against it obviously, but..."

In response Judai moved closer, gently pushing him back to the table, "It's not much different from the time the twins came over, is it? Except this time it's just until the water finishes doing its thing so we can go back to cooking and being good hosts." He grinned as Yusei failed to come up with a response to that, considering he himself had been the one to suggest it at that time, resigning himself to a shrug of defeat.

"True," Yusei sighed, "But can we at least go to the couch?"

Judai laughed, pulling Yusei back with him and out of the kitchen, "Whatever you want, Yusei - the couch is comfier anyway." This time though, when they got to the couch, Judai was quick to sit down first and pull Yusei down into his lap for once.

Yusei's face flushed pink as he was pulled down, knees falling on either side of Judai, "Ah- Judai-"

"So this is how you always get to feel," Judai teased, grabbing his waist and easily pulling him closer, "We'll need to do this more later for sure."

"This doesn't work as well though," Yusei muttered, face reddening more as he supported himself on the back of the couch with his arms and looked down at Judai, "I'm taller than you by a lot."

"Who cares, all I care about is that you're in my lap and looking adorable as hell," Judai replied, leaning back against the back of the couch so that Yusei didn't have to lean down so much.

With that, he reached up and brushed some strands of Yusei's hair away from his face so he could see it in its entirety before he pulled him down gently for a kiss. Slowly it got more heated, Judai tilting Yusei's head with a hand on the back of it so he could deepen the kiss.

After a bit Judai felt Yusei shift so that he could place his hands on his shoulders as support instead, causing him to lean even more into Judai as they sunk lower into the couch and slightly to the side. Eventually they parted, breathing softly as they started to lean back in for more.

And then it was ruined by a bunch of duel monsters flying in through the window, laughing loudly about the little scavenger hunt they'd been helping out on.

"Ah well, it was just a little teaser after all," Judai sighed with a smile, sharing a look with Yusei before they both laughed and rolled up and off the couch. He turned to the little group of duel monsters, clapping to get their attention and asking, "I'm assuming it all went well? You guys got the cameras and everything?"

"Yup!" One of the Hero Kids cheered, and one-by-one each duel monster passed their cameras to Yusei so he could start saving the videos off of them onto his laptop for safe keeping.

"That was fun! We should do more stuff like this, Judai!" The other two Hero Kids laughed, Winged Kuriboh joining in in agreement as he flew over and settled on Judai's head.

"Yeah, I'll try to think of somethin' for you guys to do in the future," Judai replied, entertaining them a bit more as they rambled about the group before they all returned to spirit form and went back into the spirit realm. When he glanced over into the kitchen, he could see the water steaming and just starting to boil.

He went over to Yusei and gave him another quick peck on the lips, saying, "I'm gonna go put everything together, you can just keep workin' on this before they get here if you want."

"If you're sure," Yusei responded, smiling when Judai simply gave him a grin and a nod that he was.

After all, it's not like Judai couldn't multi-task. He was quite good at it, actually, and right now they needed to be lightning fast at everything they needed to get done before his friends got there.

That break had put him in an even better mood too, which helped a lot.