A Mother's Instinct (Phoenix x Mother! Reader)

(AN: This is NOT a romance oneshot! The reader is Phoenix's mother! This is still lawyer phoenix however, it follows the events of Turnabout Corner (Apollo Justice case 2) This is set after the events of Dual Destinies.)

PHOENIX POV

I was out walking to People Park because I needed fresh air when a car knocked me clean into a lamp-post. I blacked out from the pain and I awoke in a hospital bed.

"Daddy! Thank goodness you're alright!" was the first thing I heard.

"Mr Wright, we're glad to see you alive," Apollo and Athena both said.

Just then the door to the room opened and someone barged through.

YOUR POV

I ran through the hospital to find Phoenix's room and when I did I barged in, "Oh my Phoenix sweetie. Are you ok? Please tell me you're ok?" I ran up to him and hugged him before peppering his face in kisses.

"Mum, mum I'm fine you don't need to worry!"

"Phoenix Oliver Wright I am your mother! It is my job to worry about you! Now listen to my young man. BE CAREFUL when you're out walking in the dark!"

"Mum, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you. I'm sorry I abandoned you to live with your father when you were 10 but my mother made me move to France and I didn't have a choice nor was I allowed to bring you or your father with me. I'm so sorry."

"It's ok, I forgive you. But I meant how?"

"Miles rang me. He said you had been knocked into a lamp post and that you had been badly hurt."

"How come Edgeworth has your number and I don't!"

"Well technically his father had it but he must have committed it to memory all those years ago."

Just then we heard giggling, "and who might you be?" I questioned motioning to the three other people in the room.

"They're my employees and my daughter." Phoenix stated motioning to the orange haired girl and the boy wearing red before pointing to the other girl wearing a dress and cape.

"Phoenix, when did you get married? Where is your wife? Why wasn't I invited?..." I started rambling on until I was interrupted, "Mum, Trucy's adopted."

"Oh. Sorry. But if you do ever get married, you have to invite me to the wedding and I won't take no for an answer. How are Miles and Larry by the way? They doing ok?"

"Miles is chief prosecutor now and Larry? He still can't keep a stable job."