Time Changes People (Edgeworth x Reader)

"Hey, Nick! Can I please help you with the Steel Samurai case? Please! Please!"

"Really, I don't think that's a good idea, (Y/n). Edgeworth's on the case, and he's changed from when you knew him."

"So, he's totally gone from being an adorable cinnamon roll, to being a complete jerk? Yeah right."

Nick had a sheepish look on his face, "(Y/n), I know you think this is a joke, but it's the truth."

"Fine, I'll see for myself! I'm going to help you with this case."

"Fine."

"Good, Nick," I said patting him on the head like a dog.

----------------------------------Time skip to after first day of trial

"You believe me now (Y/n)?"

"Fine. I believe you now, Edgeworth has turned into a jerk."

We started walking out of the courthouse when we heard shouting from behind us, "(Y/n)! I want to talk to you!" I turned round to see the one face I least expected, "Oh, look Jerkworth's back. What do you want?"

"To talk to you, alone."

"We'll see you back at the offices, (Y/n)," Nick said walking off with Maya.

"So, what do you want?" I turned back to Edgeworth.

"Listen I'm sorry for being a jerk, I just wanted to say sorry."

"I'm sorry I must have misheard you, it sounded like you were saying sorry for being a jerk."

"That's exactly what I said."

"So, you change school, you leave no note saying where you are going, you don't tell anyone you're leaving and you show back up in my life fifteen years later, a total jerk, and you expect me to forgive you? Yeah I'll forgive you, when pigs fly."

"I know I should have told you, or at least given you a way of communicating with me but, Von Karma didn't give me anytime to do anything except gather 'the essentials'. I'm sorry, it's his teachings that made me like this, I don't want to be a jerk anymore."

"Oh, you poor thing. I understand, and I'm sorry for lashing out at you."

"WILL YOU JUST KISS ALREADY!" We heard a shout from behind us. I whipped round to see Nick and Maya hiding in a bush. I walked over to them, "Maya Fey and Phoenix Wright, what are you doing? Do you understand the meaning of thee word 'alone'?"

"We'll just leave now," they said standing up and leaving. I walked back over to Edgeworth, "Sorry about that."

"It's fine, but I wouldn't mind."

"Mind what?"

"What Miss Fey just said. You know, about kissing you." I was wide eyed. I grabbed his suit jacket and pulled him in before kissing him.

"Is that what you wanted?"

He nodded, "I love you."

"I love you too." I kissed him again and we heard the snap of a camera. I ignored it and just concentrated on the kiss, wrapping my arms round his neck and tangling my hands in his hair.