Missile (Phoenix x Cynophobic! Reader)

For those who don't know, Cynophobia is the fear of dogs.

Timing - Turnabout Goodbyes

--------------

"Nick! We need to go investigate! If we're going to save Edgeworth, we have to investigate!" Maya shouted grabbing Phoenix's arm and dragging him out the office. I giggled slightly and followed the two out, closing the door behind me. I caught up to them and we walked to the Criminal Affairs Department. Phoenix had wanted to talk to Gumshoe about the investigation.

"Hey, Gumshoe!"

"Oh heya, Pals! What brings you here today?"

"Gumshoe is there anything you can tell us about the investigation we don't already know."

Gumshoe told us some stuff, well, Maya wasn't paying attention, she was ranting about burgers the whole time. I eventually gave up and taped up her mouth so she couldn't speak. 

"Gumshoe, is there anything you can give us to help in our investigation?"

"Oh, sure Pal! Here I've got three secret weapons. A fishing pole, reminding me of a fishing trip I took with Maggey. The second one is a-" he was cut off by barking. I squealed and jumped into Phoenix's arms, wrapping my arms around his neck, "Get that dog away from me now!" I squeaked, digging my face into his shoulder.

"(Y/n), a dog isn't going to harm you"

"Yeah, Pal! Missile's a good dog, he won't harm you!"

"I don't care! It's still a dog and dogs are evil creatures!"

Gumshoe then picked up Missile, "He won't harm you, I'm holding him now, Pal."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah Pal!"

I got out of Phoenix's grip, not noticing my red face until Maya pointed it out, "Hey, (Y/n)! Why is your face red?!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about Maya," I replied looking away so she couldn't see my face. It didn't work though, as she walked up to me and grabbed my face, "You are red! Why?!"

"It's nothing to do with you, Maya!"

"I know that!" she then looked to Phoenix. I followed her gaze to see he had a red face as well.

"Am I missing something?" Maya asked. She paused for a minute and I took the opportunity to escape.

"Hold it! (Y/n), you're not getting away that easily!" I then felt the back of my suit jacket being tugged, "Come on, (Y/n). Tell me! You have a crush on Nick, don't you?!"

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

"Nick's got a crush on you too, (Y/n)! Just tell him!" She then pushed me into Phoenix, causing the two of us to fall on the floor. I tried to stand up but I felt a weight on my bag, "Nick, is that dog on my back?"

He didn't answer but placed a hand on my cheek. My face went redder, and I completely forgot about the dog on my back. I then felt a hand on the back on my neck and the next thing I knew, Phoenix was kissing me. My eyes widened but I melted into it and wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. We broke off for air, "I-I love you."

"I love you too, (Y/n)."