Unexpected Love (Phoenix x Von Karma! Reader)

Set between Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies (Phoenix has his badge back) but with some changes.

--------------

"Oh, if it isn't Phoenix Wright! The lawyer that's taken down two Von Karmas and Edgeworth. To whom do I owe the pleasure of going up against you today?"

"Blame Maya. She got arrested again."

"Hey! Nick! I did not!"

"Yes you did Maya, You're sitting in the defendant's chair again. It's also the reason Pearl is up here with me rather than you."

"If the defence and prosecution will stop their conversation, we can start the trial of magician Maya Fey. Miss Von Karma, your opening statement."

"Thank you, Your Honour. The victim is Doctor Turner Grey. He had been stabbed in the chest before being shot in the temple point-blanc range. There is evidence and witness testimony to prove the fact that the defendant is indeed the killer. Mr Wright the only shot you have at winning this case is pleading self-defence."

"That is true, since the victim had a gun on him it could be said that his intent was to murder the defendant."

--------------------------

The trial took a recess until the next day and the minute we were out of the courtroom I was pinned against the wall and Nick was kissing me. I kissed him back as we had been secretly dating for a while and miraculously we'd managed to keep it a secret despite Franziska and Maya's attempts to get us to spill whenever they saw us. However much they tried we still didn't let the cat out the bag and I was thankful for it. I would never live it down if the world found out that a Von Karma was dating a defence attorney.

Although, this time we weren't so lucky, as we were interrupted.

"Uh, Miss Von Karma, there's a witness who- What the?!"

We broke off immediately, "Scruffy! What the hell are you doing?!"

"Sorry, but as I said, there's a witness who wants to speak to you."

"You saw nothing, got it," I spoke holding him by his collar and glaring at him, "or, your salary's going to be so low you'll be paid peanuts."

"Yes ma'am!"

"Good, now LEAVE!" I shouted letting him go. He ran off quickly and I walked back to Nick, kissing him.

"Was there not a witness that wanted to speak to you?"

"The witness can wait. You're more important," I replied kissing him again.

"NICK!!!!!!!!! Gumshoe told me something! Is it true?!"

"Is what true Maya?"

"Are you dating Miss Von Karma?"

"He's WHAT!?" We heard from behind us.

"Phoenix Wright! Don't you dare touch my sister, or else!"

"Franny! Stop! This is the exact reason I didn't tell you! Now if you'll excuse us, we'll be leaving," I spoke grabbing Nick's hand and dragging him out of the courthouse.

-------------------The next day

"Miss Von Karma, your father wants to speak to you."

"Thanks Scruffy. You're going to regret this," I spoke glaring at him and leaving my office walking to my father's. I knocked on the door. "Come in."

"You wanted to see me father?"

"(Y/n), how could you!? Dating a defence attorney! I've taught you better than this! Now either break off all contact with him or leave my sight! You have no right to call yourself a Von Karma! Out!"