Misunderstandings (Gumshoe x Detective! Von Karma! Reader)

Summary: Reader is a detective and has gained a crush on Gumshoe, but doesn't tell him because she knows that Gumshoe likes Maggey.

Warnings: None

Time: Trials And Tribulations (Specifically Recipe for Turnabout)

-----------------

I was at the Wright and Co Law Offices talking to Phoenix and Maya, when Gumshoe barged through the door.

"Oh, well if is isn't Detective Gumshoe! Have you come to complain that Mr Edgeworth's cutting your salary again?" I asked, with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"Oh. Heya, Pal! No, I just wanted to ask what the hell this was!" he replied shoving a paper in Phoenix's face. He took it and read it out loud, "'Deadly poisoning incident brings Guilty verdict. Defence Attorney Wright.... Trounced!' What? I haven't been involved in any poisoning cases lately."

"What? Then why does this article say it was you then?"

"Maybe Mr Wright has an imposter," I spoke.

"You better get her out of this! Maggey would never do something like this! I'm counting on you pal! You gotta get a re-trial and defend her! She's too sweet to do something like this I know that!!!" Gumshoe said. I just sighed, It was foolish to think that Gumshoe would fall for a foolishly foolish fool like me... Oh God! I sound like Franziska! Snap out of it!

"And that's my cue to leave," I spoke standing up and walking out trying to stop the tears that wanted to flow.

MAYA POV

"Heya, Pal, do you know what's up with (Y/n)? She's usually all bouncy and happy? At least that's what Mr Edgeworth said."

"I don't know Gumshoe, maybe she formed a crush on you and hearing you talk about Miss Byrde like that, upset her because she knows you'll never feel the same," Nick spoke, catching Gumshoe's attention.

"But, why?"

"I don't know why, but she told me, that a few weeks ago," I spoke up.

"Oh, no! I gotta run, bye pals!" Gumshoe shouted running out the offices.

"Bye Gumshoe!"

"Maya, did (Y/n) really tell you she had a crush on Gumshoe?"

"Nope! Well, not entirely. I just noticed that whenever he was brought up in conversation, whenever he talked to her or whenever she was in the same room as him, her face went bright red and I just put two and two together."

YOUR POV

I ran out the Offices and just ran back to the precinct and grabbed my stuff. I was going to go home but I was stopped by someone, "(Y/n)! Wait!" I turned round, "Oh, Mr Edgeworth, sir! What can I do for you today sir?" I replied looking down so he wouldn't see I had been crying.

"You know it's rude not to look someone in the eye when their talking to you. And I did tell you that you could just call me 'Miles'."

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm just not in the mood to talk about it right now," I continued looking at the floor. I felt a hand on my chin lifting my face up, "You've been crying. Why?"

"It's nothing to do with you Miles, just drop it," I spoke getting out his grip and walking to the door.

"HOLD IT!" I was shocked, I turned round.

"Sorry, force of habit, do you want to talk about it?" I nodded, "Thank you, for actually wanting to listen to me."

"It's fine. Plus Franziska would probably whip me into oblivion if she found out I left you to just be sad while she was in Germany," he chuckled.

"Yeah, that sounds like my sister," I laughed along with him. He took my hand and brought me to his office, the two of us sitting on the sofa. "So, (Y/n), what's got you so worked up?"

"It's just, Miles, what would you do, if you had a crush on someone, but they wouldn't shut up about another girl they liked, meaning you knew they would never like you back?"

"Well, I guess.. I would-" He was cut off by the door to his office opening, "Mr Edgeworth have you seen Miss Von Karma anywhere?"

"Franziska's in Germany Gumshoe, can I take a message for you?"

"No, I meant (Y/n)." I froze from my hiding spot under the desk and noticed Miles froze as well.

"I'm sorry, Gumshoe, she doesn't want to speak to you right now."

"Really? 'Cause I just wanted to apologise for always ranting about Maggey, when the angel I actually had feelings for was right beside me the whole time."

"Well, Gumshoe, I suppose I can forgive you, but, I want you to know this, ranting about someone else is not the way to a girl's heart," I spoke coming out from behind Miles's desk and walking up to him, planting a kiss on his cheek.

------------------A FEW WEEKS LATER

After weeks of Gumshoe apologising, which was pointless as I had already forgiven him, we had just returned back to the precinct when he pinned me against the wall and kissed me, "Gumshoe, not here! Someone might see us!" He still didn't listen wrapping his arms round my waist and kissing me again. I gave in and tangled my arms in his hair, melting into the kiss.

"Scruffy! Get your hands off my sister!"

Gumshoe then had a whip in his face, "Yeowech!"

"Franny! Stop!" I noticed she was ready to strike him again. Which she did anyway, "Franny! Stop!" I shouted taking the whip from her hand before she could hit him again, "Gumshoe's not doing anything wrong!"

"He was all over you!"

"That's what people do when they're dating!" I retorted back. She turned to me surprised, "You're dating this scruffy oaf?"

"Yes, and there's nothing you, nor Papa can do about it!"

(BTW it's as if Von Karma got bailed out by someone mysterious)

"Fine, but you hurt her, you're dead," she spoke giving Gumshoe a glare. I smiled and handed her back the whip, "And no more whipping him ok?"

"Ok."