Love at the Centre (Young! Blackquill x Reader)

Now, the title may be confusing, but by it I mean it's set before the UR-1 incident. So no spoilers for Dual Destinies?

-----------

As usual, I was asleep in my bed until ten o'clock in the morning and as usual, I was woken up by my phone going off, but something that was unusual was that it wasn't my alarm, rather someone phoning me. I jolted up and looked at the caller ID. Oh boy. I put on my best 'I've been awake since 7am' voice and answered.

Y - Hello?

?? - (Y/n), I was wondering whether you'd be able to pop down to the Space Centre for me and watch Athena. I'm very busy today and I need someone to watch over her.

Y - Of course, I will, Dr Cykes. Athena is such a sweetheart! I'll be there in about ten minutes! I totally didn't just get up!

C - Thank you, (Y/n). I know I can always trust you to help me out. I'll see you when you get here.

Y - Bye.

I hung up before getting up and dressed. I grabbed an Alpen bar and dashed out the door, making my way to the Spac Centre.

-----------------

"Who's ready to spend the day with the best babysitter ever?!" I squealed running into the robotic's lab, surprising everyone in there.

"(Y/n)!" Athena shouted running up to me and hugging my legs, as that was all she could reach.

"Hello Athena," I replied, "What do you want to do to keep busy? Your mother is very busy, so, I'm here to keep you busy so she can work."

"Ok!" she grabbed my hand and dragged me out the lab and outside the Space Centre to the patch of grass. We playedaround for a while before I heard chuckling, "It seems you two are having fun."

"Simon!" Athena shouted running up to him and hugging him.

"Hello, Athena, (Y/n)," he replied.

"Hello, I didn't know you'd be here today."

"Well, the trial I was supposed to be prosecuting took a turn and finished quite early so I decided to pop by. Dr Cykes said you two were out here so I came to say hello."

It was that point when I realised Athena had grown a smirk on her face, "Let's play 'Chase Me'!" she shouted before running off leaving me and Simon to chase after her. I got out of breath quite easily, not being used to doing that much exercise. I stopped chasing and stood with my hands on my knees, not realising Simon was right behind me. He bumped into me, making the two of us fall over. I turned round when I felt him bump into me, meaning I fell on my back with Simon on top of me. My face went red, even if my face was pink, it was still noticeable and I noticed Simon's face was also red. It was more noticeable on him due to his skin being so pale. I finally plucked up some courage and leaned up to kiss him after wrapping my arms around his neck. I saw his eyes widen before I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and kiss back. My eyes widened before I melted into it.

We eventually broke off for air and I squeaked, "I'm sorry, Simon. I don't know what that was about!" I tried to get out from underneath him, but to no avail, as he now had me pinned underneath him, "I don't think that will be happening, (Y/n)."

"What do you mean?"

He didn't answer but, just leaned down and kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck again. 

"I love you, (Y/n)."

"I-I love you too, Simon."