Chapter 1

The sun had long set, covering the sky with the colour of crimson blood. It was the time that light gave in and darkness rose, caressing the cold pillars of the lonely stone walls; lonely only for the common eyes; lonely till they came. The hollowing of the wind sent shivers down the spine of those who did not embrace it and made the heart race with fear for those who had one to beat.

The silence of the hallways was disturbed by the thud of the heavy door, followed by slow, stomp steps. The lightning stroke, throwing a silver shade on the massive throne on which he sat sumptuously. His lips curved into a devilish smile, his eyes fixed on the red in his glass. He knew fun was about to begin. His deep voice filled the throne room.

'My sons, the long wait has come to an end. It is time for you to take the lead and serve me well.'

A chuckle echoed.

'At last.'

'We will not disappoint you, father.'

He rose from the throne, the lighting striking its light on his long gray hair. He faced them and put his right hand on one's shoulder, giving the glass to the other.

'I know you will not fail me like many others did. You are my last resort. Follow this new lead and find them. Bring them to me. Bring them home.'

There was no need for more words. He swiftly raised his hand for his sons to kiss the emerald stone of his ring. They bid their farewells, letting darkness fill in the room completely.

***