Chapter 101

Elain

Elain

Deianeira

Deianeira

*****

In the meantime, both Terrion and Caleb were trying to stop Elain, as she was sending her lighting in all directions, killing without having second thoughts, though some of her lightnings also hit some of their warriors. She did not care; Arion's death has affected her deeply and, having felt her sister crossing the border of the realms, she could only focus on making way to get to her. Amel rushed to her, ignoring Caym's pleads not to go out in the open by himself. He ran through arrows, using his sword against whoever dared to stand in his way. He had to get to Elain, he knew her limits, he knew if she shut her feelings off, she would drain herself and he could not let that happen. In that moment, he did not care about the war, nor about his position. All he wanted was to get to her in time. When he got close to her, he found himself stopping one of Elain's lightings that had been aimed at him. Had it been any other vampire, he would have been stunned and burned right away.

Am: Elain!

Hearing his voice, she turned to him and saw him catching her lighting in his hand and absorbing it. She heard Ramisu telling her he had gotten by Deianeira's side in time.

Am: Stop your lighting, you are hitting randomly.

He ran in front of her and caught her hands between his.

Am: It's enough, stop it.

Elain looked around her, slowly coming back to her senses.

Ela: I...I... Why are you here? Deianeira needs our help!

Am: Ramisu and Alyssa are helping her. Ramisu told me you were going to switch it off. I couldn't allow that.

Terrion and Caleb managed to catch up with her, but only to face Amel's judging look.

Am: Where have you been?

Tr: We tried to keep up with her, but the lightning was too strong.

Am: You have to rest, you've reached your limit.