Chapter 33

Ramisu & Elain

Ramisu & Elain

*****

As the days passed by, Darion would have expected her to be more curious about the snow that had covered the ground, but, whenever she looked outside the window, she would back away from it. The first night passed without many incidents, she only opened her eyes to check if he was still next to her. She enjoyed his company so much that she wanted to taste his blood whenever she would feel him awake.

One night, when Darion woke up he did not find Deianeira next to him and he started panicking, seeing the windows opened. He shouted her name around the room and, sensing she was close to him, he opened the bathroom door. There he found her, in the bath tub, with a robe on, with the moonlight was falling on her.

He was surprised to see her there in the ice-cold water, but her answer amazed him even more. Because she woke up again scared and craving his blood she had wanted to wake him up, but, seeing that he was too tired to even answer her, she decided to try calming herself down on her own with icy water, so that she could forget about his blood and, that way, her Master would not be so tired; she had not been aware of the fact that she could not actually feel the cold anymore. Her wet hair only made him desire her more, but he managed to stay calm, picked her up from the tub and fed her his blood, only this time he also let her touch his neck. Her feelings of loyalty were getting stronger by the day.

On one side, Darion wanted the moment to last as long as possible, having Deianeira think so high of him, want him and love him was more than enough, but then he would wake up from his dream and remember: this is not Deianeira, she is still sleeping and, with a bit of luck, she might not hate him when she will wake up.

It was the fourth day since she had woken up, when Darion felt dangerously close to losing control. Deianeira had grown clingy, needy, adoring every part of him and saying it out loud whenever she felt like it and it was getting harder every night to keep her away from him. After letting her feed on his blood and helping her fall asleep, Darion got up and left the room in quiet. He could not leave her alone for too long, but he needed to stay away for a few moments. It was almost dawn when Elain heard a knock on her door, shee took on a robe and opened the door.

Ela: What are you doing at this hour? Is there something wrong with Dei?

The thought of her sister feeling unwell woke her up right away. Elain stayed with her as often as she was allowed to, but, given Deianeira's impulsivity, their time together was short and they were never alone. Wanting to show only a bright smile whenever she was with her sister, she also came to find out about her power to hide her feelings behind her shields.

Dr: I had to leave her for a few moments, I feel like I'm going crazy.

He sat on her bed to let out a breath and Elain joined him and looked at him worried.

Ela: What's wrong with you? I've never seen you so tired.

Dr: There is nothing wrong, but it's just so hard to be next to her right now. You saw her, she clings onto me and I am afraid I will lose control, I will not care about consequences anymore I will...